I had no idea!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 2132
Australia

I had no idea!

Post by rozzieoz »

I thought that when you give someone a positive reputation point, the message stays private between you and that person.
I found out today this is not the case and those messages are in fact public.

I shall NOT make that mistake again.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 14546
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 4558
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: I had no idea!

Post by phuketrichard »

NOPE:
i was banned once for a comment in the post rep section
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 12899
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 4756
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: I had no idea!

Post by Username Taken »

Image
User avatar
atst
Expatriate
Posts: 3330
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Reputation: 1958
New Zealand

Re: I had no idea!

Post by atst »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 pm I thought that when you give someone a positive reputation point, the message stays private between you and that person.
I found out today this is not the case and those messages are in fact public.

I shall NOT make that mistake again.
How long have you been using CEO have you never looked at who's given reputation points and seen the comments?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
User avatar
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
Posts: 2273
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:01 am
Reputation: 1468
France

Re: I had no idea!

Post by Ghostwriter »

Hence the rookie pink hat i guess
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 2132
Australia

Re: I had no idea!

Post by rozzieoz »

atst wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 pm I thought that when you give someone a positive reputation point, the message stays private between you and that person.
I found out today this is not the case and those messages are in fact public.

I shall NOT make that mistake again.
How long have you been using CEO have you never looked at who's given reputation points and seen the comments?
I’ve only ever checked my own!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
User avatar
Big Daikon
Expatriate
Posts: 2339
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 am
Reputation: 1843
United States of America

Re: I had no idea!

Post by Big Daikon »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:12 pm
atst wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 pm I thought that when you give someone a positive reputation point, the message stays private between you and that person.
I found out today this is not the case and those messages are in fact public.

I shall NOT make that mistake again.
How long have you been using CEO have you never looked at who's given reputation points and seen the comments?
I’ve only ever checked my own!
Same here! Until someone commented that I upvoted a post twice (buggy internet).
User avatar
Big Daikon
Expatriate
Posts: 2339
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 am
Reputation: 1843
United States of America

Re: I had no idea!

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:53 pm NOPE:
i was banned once for a comment in the post rep section
C'mon, buddy. You've been banned for all sorts of funny stuff. (Me too btw!)
User avatar
Freightdog
Expatriate
Posts: 2530
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 am
Reputation: 2051
Location: Attached to a suitcase between realities
Ireland

Re: I had no idea!

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 pm I thought that when you give someone a positive reputation point, the message stays private between you and that person.
I found out today this is not the case and those messages are in fact public.

I shall NOT make that mistake again.
CEO’s very own whispering gallery. Whatever you say about her (or they, him, them) there, she’ll hear it!
God save the king
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 12808
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 3585
Tokelau

Re: I had no idea!

Post by Anchor Moy »

Roz, you have no idea ! You've missed out on lots of juicy comments on CEO "Likes comments" !! Haha. Check them out.

I started looking at other people's "likes", a bit negatively at first, when I'd think "WTF, who could possibly LIKE that (stupid) comment ?", and then I check it out and see who posted the "like",and mostly I'would be "Yeah, whatever. Each to their own opinion."

I don't know how other members decide on their"like'"votes, but I will "like" a poster for a specific post, even if I don't like their CEO online persona in general. I rate the post and not the online person. Otherwise it's just ridiculous, because I don't even know them IRL.
:dark1:

I disagree fundamentally with a lot of people who post here, but I think we can get along online (most of the time). Just like IRL.
Spoiler:
Hit it :banana:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Freightdog, hburns, lipservice, Ong Tay, Oumedc, phuketrichard, steelyRon, Tommie and 240 guests