I had no idea!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I had no idea!

Post by David Gordon »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:12 am It's annoying when you block someone, admin have told you to block them, the person themselves KNOW you've blocked them and yet they keep commenting on your stuff and then people quote them so you're forced to see their comments on your posts.
Just do the grown up thing and leave me alone.
is this a cat fight?
Stay classy na
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:28 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:25 am Apologies I was hammered from being plied with tequilas on my birthday celebrations, it has been guzzling water all day. I'll never drink again!

I wouldn't touch that other shit in your classless comment, which is more a reflection on you, and lies precariously on the border of defamation.
so u get drink an the thing you think of is go on ceo and post a nonsensical post> :facepalm:

dam
Is this the sort of poster that you want to Down-Vote feature restored for? I could vote for that.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

David Gordon wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:27 am
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:12 am It's annoying when you block someone, admin have told you to block them, the person themselves KNOW you've blocked them and yet they keep commenting on your stuff and then people quote them so you're forced to see their comments on your posts.
Just do the grown up thing and leave me alone.
is this a cat fight?
Trying to avoid it all costs. I really wish blocking on here was like blocking on Facebook where the person you block can't see you or what you post. That would be so great.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:35 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:25 am Apologies I was hammered from being plied with tequilas on my birthday celebrations, it has been guzzling water all day. I'll never drink again!

I wouldn't touch that other shit in your classless comment, which is more a reflection on you, and lies precariously on the border of defamation.
so u get drink an the thing you think of is go on ceo and post a nonsensical post> :facepalm:

dam
Is this the sort of poster that you want to Down-Vote feature restored for? I could vote for that.
Dyslexia is real. No offence Richard, but sometimes I struggle to read your posts.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hanno wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:11 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:35 am

so u get drunk an the thing you think of is, go on ceo and post a nonsensical post> :facepalm:

dam
Dyslexia is real. No offence Richard, but sometimes I struggle to read your posts.
its the meaning that counts :-)
fixed it for ya
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The OP forgets that anyone can quote me at any point anywhere on the forum, and if the OP reads the thread and comment, will see the quote - regardless of if it is a thread created by the OP or not.

I'm not going to curb my posting choices because a poster has a peculiar issue with me. I'm not going to start considering if my comment might be quoted by someone, might be read by the OP, or even if the thread I'm commenting on was created by the OP. I will not be deliberately poking the bear (I really don't give thought to the OP and see no reason why I should be made to to pander to personal issues others have), but I will post with the freedom afforded anyone else on this forum who has not broken posting rules.

Maybe owners of the forum will accommodate the OP's wishes and introduce a FB like block for those who have the need.

Nobody quote me on this one - give the OP a break from me.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

violet wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:14 pm
Okay. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Is it a full moon this week?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

violet wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:14 pm The OP forgets that anyone can quote me at any point anywhere on the forum, and if the OP reads the thread and comment, will see the quote - regardless of if it is a thread created by the OP or not.

I'm not going to curb my posting choices because a poster has a peculiar issue with me. I'm not going to start considering if my comment might be quoted by someone, might be read by the OP, or even if the thread I'm commenting on was created by the OP. I will not be deliberately poking the bear (I really don't give thought to the OP and see no reason why I should be made to to pander to personal issues others have), but I will post with the freedom afforded anyone else on this forum who has not broken posting rules.

Maybe owners of the forum will accommodate the OP's wishes and introduce a FB like block for those who have the need.

What the OP needs to realize is that if someone quotes a member that they have blocked, nobody is 'forcing' anyone to read the blocked member's comments.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

In my humble opinion there are just toooo many assholes here posting stuff cause they enjoy stirring shit and attacking other people. These are the people they don't even know and if they did know that person they would not have the guts to say it to them face to face.
Note Mods, this makes members not want to post on this site,,,, but you already know that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic