Newborn Baby Boy Found Abandoned is Adopted Immediately

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Newborn Baby Boy Found Abandoned is Adopted Immediately

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Preah Sihanouk Province): On the morning of 20 September 2022, a baby (boy) with an uncut umbilical cord was found abandoned near a pond located in Kampong Seila district, Preah Sihanouk province.
The abandoned baby was found by villagers who were fishing around the pond when they heard the sound of the baby crying. The villagers then reported the incident to the O'Bak Rotes police station in Kampong Seila district, who tied the umbilical cord and sent the baby for medical treatment at Kampong Seila District Health Center.
According to the governor of Kampong Seila district, milk and clothes are being arranged to be handed over to the health center to help the baby temporarily.
A doctor at the Kampong Seila health center said that a family has already asked to adopt the baby, and the district governor has given the go-ahead to the professional officer to arrange the procedure for adoption.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Newborn Baby Boy Found Abandoned is Adopted Immediately

Post by xandreu »

I think they’ll need a better pram.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Call me cynical, but the rush to agree to adoption is a bit…rushed. I feel sure the primary concern was not having another mouth to feed, not being responsible. Another tale of a shitty start. Fingers crossed it gets better
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:54 pm Call me cynical, but the rush to agree to adoption is a bit…rushed. I feel sure the primary concern was not having another mouth to feed, not being responsible. Another tale of a shitty start. Fingers crossed it gets better
Agree that the whole adoption thing is more than a bit "rushed" - less than 24h and there's already a family lined up to take the baby. And nobody is looking for the mother or other relatives ?

Pure speculation, but I wonder if it's not a case of a teenager who had a baby out of wedlock, whose family put the baby where they would accidentally "discover" it, and then propose to adopt it, thus saving face for them all.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Freightdog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:54 pm Call me cynical, but the rush to agree to adoption is a bit…rushed. I feel sure the primary concern was not having another mouth to feed, not being responsible. Another tale of a shitty start. Fingers crossed it gets better
Agree that the whole adoption thing is more than a bit "rushed" - less than 24h and there's already a family lined up to take the baby. And nobody is looking for the mother or other relatives ?

Pure speculation, but I wonder if it's not a case of a teenager who had a baby out of wedlock, whose family put the baby where they would accidentally "discover" it, and then propose to adopt it, thus saving face for them all.
This sounds like a very plausible explanation.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

A convoluted plot or a family who simply jumped at the chance to have a baby boy?

A young pregnant girl would stand out, literally and figuratively. Are we to assume the girl/family are smart enough to plan the rouse but not smart enough to think people will around them would still “know”?
And I think we are underestimating the kindness of people.

Or

Is it that a family, maybe with older children, jumped at the chance to have a baby again… or maybe they had only girls? Boys do hold a special place in their hearts.

Who knows, and to be honest who cares.
The baby now has a family to take take of him, no matter the circumstances.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

xandreu wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:28 pm I think they’ll need a better pram.
Comment of the week :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

The kind of stories I like to read! No matter who adopted him, I wish him a happy and healthy life!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic