US & the holocaust

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

US & the holocaust

Post by phuketrichard »

I know i posted this in tv shows to watch, but i really hope the mods allow it to remain here as well to get more views<
a doc well worth watching

just finished the 1st episode< a mind opener> learned some things i was not taught in UIS history class
some great old photos and film<

never knew Eugenics ( and anti Semitism) was so popular and accepted in America in the early 1900

"Eugenics in America took a dark turn in the early 20th century, led by California. From 1909 to 1979, around 20,000 sterilizations occurred in California state mental institutions under the guise of protecting society from the offspring of people with mental illness.

Many sterilizations were forced and performed on minorities. Thirty-three states would eventually allow involuntary sterilization in whomever lawmakers deemed unworthy to procreate.

In 1927, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that forced sterilization of the handicapped does not violate the U.S. Constitution. In the words of Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendall Holmes, “…three generations of imbeciles are enough.” In 1942, the ruling was overturned, but not before thousands of people underwent the procedure."

So did Hitler just follow in America's footsteps?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: US & the holocaust

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:44 pm I know i posted this in tv shows to watch, but i really hope the mods allow it to remain here as well to get more views<
a doc well worth watching

just finished the 1st episode< a mind opener> learned some things i was not taught in UIS history class
some great old photos and film<

never knew Eugenics ( and anti Semitism) was so popular and accepted in America in the early 1900

"Eugenics in America took a dark turn in the early 20th century, led by California. From 1909 to 1979, around 20,000 sterilizations occurred in California state mental institutions under the guise of protecting society from the offspring of people with mental illness.

Many sterilizations were forced and performed on minorities. Thirty-three states would eventually allow involuntary sterilization in whomever lawmakers deemed unworthy to procreate.

In 1927, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that forced sterilization of the handicapped does not violate the U.S. Constitution. In the words of Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendall Holmes, “…three generations of imbeciles are enough.” In 1942, the ruling was overturned, but not before thousands of people underwent the procedure."

So did Hitler just follow in America's footsteps?
Sir Francis Galton is the father of eugenics - an Englishman, who was highly lauded in his lifetime - and I do not believe that followers of eugenics were bound by national borders - so no, Hitler didn't "just follow in America's footsteps"
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:53 pm Sir Francis Galton is the father of eugenics - an Englishman, who was highly lauded in his lifetime - and I do not believe that followers of eugenics were bound by national borders - so no, Hitler didn't "just follow in America's footsteps"
Sir Francis Galton was also the father of modern statistics and created the concept of correlation. He coined the term eugenics and did some of the pioneering work in the modern version of the field. A bright, interesting fellow.

Most of the industrialized world embraced eugenics (both positive and negative) in the early 1900s. The Germans borrowed heavily from the eugenics policy of the US, especially California.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

2nd episode in>
amazing>>>

If you have any interest in ww2, America and or the holocaust
a must watch

lots of good discussion could be had AFTER people watch this and similarities in recent happenings.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I had some German Nazi relations, they ended up in the US after the war. They did okay.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

People need to see history thru photos
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:35 pm I had some German Nazi relations, they ended up in the US after the war. They did okay.
Curious about how you found that out regarding your family. Open secret? they were ok talking about it with you/your family?

I assumed for the most part the Nazi/German people who fled kept quiet about that sort of thing.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:26 am Image

People need to see history thru photos
He looks like a real threat to democracy. Really destroying our society. s/
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

@Big Daikon He looks like a complete assclown. His shirt is incendiary and a pathetic testament to poor education. Respectable civilian men would stop him and ask him to cover up the offensive part, maybe even offer to kick his silly, juvenile ass too. Authorities can also make that request given his clothing is grossly offensive to the point of inevitable violence. The same also goes for all the a holes out there with facial tattoos that contain gross obscenities. No Supreme Court judgements allow for either the 1st or 2nd amendment rights to be used (manipulated) to the point where other people's basic rights are seriously infringed upon.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I guess the 1.1+ million men, women, and children at this camp who died and didn’t “earn” their freedom is because they didn’t work hard enough. What a fucking moron.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic