Visiting Autumn Leaves

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Visiting Autumn Leaves

Post by newkidontheblock »

Doc67 wrote:
truffledog wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:06 am Image

that looks awful
It looks awfully big! 2 slices of NYC pizza seems to fill a normal size pizza box.

Only in America...
Sorry, then you’ve never had New York Pizza.

It is fabulous! Soft, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. To be eaten folded in half.

Other places can make New York style Pizza, but it never tastes quite the same. Some say it’s the NYC water used to make the Pizza.

Too bad he didn’t get to eat the bagels, nor the pastrami sandwich. Please try them before you go.

All these food snobs with high class foodie stuff…
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:31 am
Doc67 wrote:
truffledog wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:06 am Image

that looks awful
It looks awfully big! 2 slices of NYC pizza seems to fill a normal size pizza box.

Only in America...
Sorry, then you’ve never had New York Pizza.

It is fabulous! Soft, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. To be eaten folded in half.

Other places can make New York style Pizza, but it never tastes quite the same. Some say it’s the NYC water used to make the Pizza.

Too bad he didn’t get to eat the bagels, nor the pastrami sandwich. Please try them before you go.

All these food snobs with high class foodie stuff…
A good pizza only need flour, water , olive oil, salt, tomato and mozzarella. No high class foodie stuff needed. Its cucina povera..poor mans food. If the NYC folks like that type of piled up shit then let them have it. Dominos`pizza just ceased operations in Italy recently after desperately trying to get a foot into Italy. Nobody will miss it here.
work is for people who cant find truffles
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Good morning from Quebec. So today we will be driving to Montreal.

Last time I left off was about going to Boston. But before we could do that I had to go to the car rental to pick up the car a GMC Terrain SUV. Paperwork was a breeze that only require my driving license (I used my Singapore license) and credit card. I told the guy again I want to get the top insurance coverage and he told me it is also got assurance that I could drive into Canada and that the insurance also covers Canada, both he said was good to go.

Obviously driving on the other side of the road made me nervous at first and getting used to its been quite a few years.

So off we went towards Boston on our 4hrs journey. Came across this small beautiful lake

Stopped by the side

Beautiful isn't it?

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Arrived in Boston a bit late so next morning which was a Sunday went out for a walk. The hotel was just next to Charles River and I did not expect to see this

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

My actual destination was the Boston's Public Garden so I had to walk almost 2km passing by this housing area along a Commonwealth Ave that has a park towards the Public Garden, here are some photos of the walk and through the park -

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I really like this Boston Public Garden, really beautiful

The entrance

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

So Boston is well known for clam chowder. Hotel staff told me best seafood is by Legal Seafood at harbourside so off we went

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I was very surprised the lobster is inexpensive

truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

yong wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:26 pm
I was very surprised the lobster is inexpensive

Now thats a ncie lobster..
work is for people who cant find truffles
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Maine lobsters, best in the world and seems the prices have gone way up BUT ur in a fancy restaurant>
1 1/2 -2 lbs are the best, sweet and tasty, anything over 3 lbs is to tough
As a child my grandparents would take me 1/every 2 months to have the daily double, 2 fresh 1 1/2 lbs lobsters>

anything else is shit
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic