Visiting Autumn Leaves

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Visiting Autumn Leaves

Post by yong »

Entering Alaska now another 6-7 hrs to go

Woke up and was served traditional Singapore style Malay satay, peanut sauce is very good

Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:59 am dam; i never knew selling screws in thailand paid so well>
lucky you
head to Vermont/ New Hampshire
Yes Woodstock should be nice white mountains also drive over the Kankamangus high way spelling sorry
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Oumedc wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:24 am Yes Woodstock should be nice white mountains also drive over the Kankamangus high way spelling sorry
Oh thanks so much. Just checked this Kankamangus looks like it’s on the way so will definitely plan for this. 🙏🙏🙏
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Over Canada’s Northern Territory now

So far had 2 meals and a snack. After take off from Singapore we were served dinner

Salmon salad

Braised beef with rice

Chocolate cake

Then it was time to sleep. I think I did 6 hours, nice to be on a flat bed. When woke up was served a satay snack the peanut sauce was really good

After more than an hour we were served our second meal

Starter is tuna

Seafood beehoon

The beehoon May look normal but it’s rather flavorful while the shrimp paste chili sauce were a perfect match

Ended up with a very nice pudding and cheeses

Mildly sweet pudding perfect for me
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Arriving soon another 40mins. It’s been a long one I must say.

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cue for a song :wink:

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

So I finally arrived Newark Airport yesterday (Wednesday) at 5.30am

Immigration was a breeze took us less than 5min from queueing to exiting to get our luggage.

Luggage trolley is rather expensive at US$6 and then it was the taxi to take us to the hotel and it costs $95 arriving in the hotel just before 7am. Check-in time was 4pm so we went for a walk around the hotel area had breakfast at McDonalds

Went to the hotel at 9.30am to hang around. The night before the hotel was fully booked so we have to wait for check-outs and cleaning. I asked the hotel manager about car rental he told be there's one just next street at 25th Street a mere 5mins walk.

Was delighted to sort out my car rental on the spot. First is checking my driving license (Singapore and Thai) the staff told me its good both licenses could be use. Staff also told me car is good to drive into Canada and back just need to show the rental agreement. Also insurance is good for both US and Canada so no need anything extra. Total cost of the 10 days rental (including top insurance) was only US$1100, shockingly cheap. So I am basically all set for the trip. Will start driving on Saturday.

Very lucky also at 10.20am staff gave us the room key cards as a room was ready. Didn't go out as we slept in the hotel room till 8pm.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Since woke up late went out to buy dinner. Here're scenes of me walking from 26th to 35th

Bought burger from here - Mooyah

The chef

Very nice burger
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Continued the walk back

Bought 2 slices of pizzas here

New York "street art"?

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Looks great, I was only in NYC a couple of times, in January 1999 and July 2004. Loved it there.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic