Passport renewal & K-visa, incompetence & greed

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Passport renewal & K-visa, incompetence & greed

Post by orichá »

Forgive my insouciance, but I am damn glad I never had any kids, phew!!
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

orichá wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:33 pm Forgive my insouciance, but I am damn glad I never had any kids, phew!!
Just cause Cambodia causes problems?

Having my daughter saved my life an not a day goes by I am not thankful she walks this planet :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:15 pm
orichá wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:33 pm Forgive my insouciance, but I am damn glad I never had any kids, phew!!
Just cause Cambodia causes problems?

Having my daughter saved my life an not a day goes by I am not thankful she walks this planet :beer3:
You're lucky. Of course, I am referring to the incredible hassle facing foreign parents... The government is shameless... Scamming folks with petty bureaucracy and unnecessary headaches. I would have no patience for that.
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Totally agree, there are some positives for shooting blanks brother.
People of the world, spice up your life.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:19 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:43 pm Methinks OP took one too many things to the Passport Office - himself.

That said, I accompanied my wife and son and had no problems - but that was to the main office.
You overthink.
My wife's niece experienced the same problems with the same guy @ the same passport office.
Will you be trying a third time?
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

mannanman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:46 pm
Unless you're a Catholic, there's no law that says you have to have kids. Dogs, cats and cattle breed without wondering why, too. I am a man.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

orichá wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:33 pm
Unless you're a Catholic, there's no law that says you have to have kids. Dogs, cats and cattle breed without wondering why, too. I am a man.
Not having kids is a personal choice or luck of the draw.

You’re confusing reproduction with sex.
Not sure about the catholic reference but anyway, animals have sex (including humans, cats, dogs and cows) because it’s enjoyable. It it wasn’t then they’d be asexual like flowers and some fish and shit.

If your libido is zero then try steroids. Freely available in KOW.

(If it’s a medical thing then I hope you got your fill beforehand)
People of the world, spice up your life.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

mannanman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:48 pm
orichá wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:33 pm
Not having kids is a personal choice or luck of the draw.

You’re confusing reproduction with sex.
Not sure about the catholic reference but anyway, animals have sex (including humans, cats, dogs and cows) because it’s enjoyable. It it wasn’t then they’d be asexual like flowers and some fish and shit.

If your libido is zero then try steroids. Freely available in KOW.

(If it’s a medical thing then I hope you got your fill beforehand)
I have no idea what you are talking about. You have made several uninformed assumptions based on my decision not to have children. Clearly, your original presumption was that unless one has children, then one is "shooting blanks." Please don't try to obfuscate with nonsensical BS. Presumably, you are unaware of the original impulse which lead to your remark about me "shooting blanks": that virility must automatically entail children.

I don't even know what shooting blanks means. . . . Or, you don't. But if I am not mistaken, it means a guy whose semen is infertile. Well, mine is fertile. I won't tell you how I know that, either.....
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:27 pm
Do you know what happens if the father is estranged and onlly the mother's ID is available?
Hmm, not sure to be honest.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

orichá wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:35 pm I am referring to the incredible hassle facing foreign parents... The government is shameless... Scamming folks with petty bureaucracy and unnecessary headaches. I would have no patience for that.
Honestly nothing is really difficult, as long as you know what is required and you have all your shit in one sock (are organised), everything is pretty bloody simple and official fees are transparent, no need for tea money if you know what's up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic