9/11 Least we forget

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

9/11 Least we forget

Post by phuketrichard »

September 11 Attack Timeline

On September 11, 2001, nineteen terrorists who were members of al-Qaeda, an Islamist extremist network, hijacked four commercial airplanes. In a coordinated attack, the hijackers intentionally flew two of the planes into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, and a third into the Pentagon. Learning about the other hijackings, passengers and crew members on the fourth plane launched a counterattack, spurring the hijacker pilot to crash the plane into a field in Pennsylvania. Nearly 3,000 people were killed on that day, the single largest loss of life resulting from a foreign attack on American soil

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57698668

https://www.history.com/topics/21st-cen ... 1-timeline

This one day changed, the way so many lived their lives.....forever
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 9/11 Least we forget

Post by Lonestar »

I will never forget.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I was teaching in Coney Island area when it happened. Crazy and could see the smoke from my office window. When I got home i saw burnt or charred sheets of paper ( i assume paper) all over. Almost seemed like snow at first.

Pretty surreal. Also a few days after driving thru NYC-- it was a ghost town.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Spare some thoughts for the absolute heroes of Flight 93 whose actions spoiled the terrorists of their goal of more carnage, most likely at the U.S. Capitol.

"Let's Roll."

ImageImage
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

It's one of those things that everyone who was an adult at the time will remember what they were doing when they heard about it. I remember waking up to my clock radio and hearing it all over the news, it was just before I got my first job overseas. I didn't think much about it until I heard the terrorists had hijacked planes and flew them into some buildings - it was like the plot from a cheap Hollywood movie.

I ended up knowing two guys who lost their jobs as a result of it - neither were in the buildings that day for whatever reasons, they ended up working in the same city in Asia and being good friends.I always thought it was a weird set of circumstances, they might well have walked past each other every day and never imagined their lives would be turned upside down by something so outrageous, and the anonymous guy they probably saw in the elevator or the coffee shop or wherever all the time and never paid any attention to would end up a good friend, on the other side of the world, because someone flew a plane into the building they both worked in.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Airline crashes are not uncommon, but did you know that in the entire history of aviation there have only been two commercial airline crashes in the world where the aircraft debris (wings, tail-planes, engines, seats, etc.) was never found. Not even a solitary landing gear than bounced down the road into a farm house.

Most amazingly, both of those crashes ocurred on the same day.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

I was sitting in Queens that morning, waiting to go to classes in city. I normally did not watch TV in the morning but that morning I decided to watch the news.

Obviously, did not go to school that day. My gf was on the last train let into Manhattan. She had to walk across the bridge to get home.

The next few days were wild. Bars and restaurants were packed and New Yorkers were hugging in the streets. My archeology prof hugged me, too.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:56 am Airline crashes are not uncommon, but did you know that in the entire history of aviation there have only been two commercial airline crashes in the world where the aircraft debris (wings, tail-planes, engines, seats, etc.) was never found. Not even a solitary landing gear than bounced down the road into a farm house.

Totally agree, There was also no moon landing and Trump won the elections....

https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... -pentagon/
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Username Taken wrote:Airline crashes are not uncommon, but did you know that in the entire history of aviation there have only been two commercial airline crashes in the world where the aircraft debris (wings, tail-planes, engines, seats, etc.) was never found. Not even a solitary landing gear than bounced down the road into a farm house.

I’ve always found this very puzzling.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:56 am Airline crashes are not uncommon, but did you know that in the entire history of aviation there have only been two commercial airline crashes in the world where the aircraft debris (wings, tail-planes, engines, seats, etc.) was never found. Not even a solitary landing gear than bounced down the road into a farm house.

Are you saying those that saw the planes hit, and those that dove under parked cars (eg two people I know personally among thousands of others) are part of a conspiracy pretending planes hit the towers, or are you saying the parts when found were not disclosed?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic