Who actually still lives in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Who actually still lives in Cambodia?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Me
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Yes, one of those losers 'stuck in Cambodia' too.

Glad someone feels for me.

:popcorn:
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:37 am Yes, one of those losers 'stuck in Cambodia' too.

When they’re tired of having to call big hairy arsed men “Ma’am” and paying $20- for a beer, and rubbing their children together to keep warm, they’ll all be crawling back 😉
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:45 am
Kammekor wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:37 am Yes, one of those losers 'stuck in Cambodia' too.

When they’re tired of having to call big hairy arsed men “Ma’am” and paying $20- for a beer, and rubbing their children together to keep warm, they’ll all be crawling back 😉
Yes, I certainly don't miss the current mess & panic in Europe.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Me, and not looking to leave anytime soon
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Mr Cynical wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:57 am Having lived in various Asian countries long term over the last 20 years including Cambodia 11 years) it always amazes me that well traveled educated people still decide to stay there. Where to start, accommodation most places less than $400.00 US per month are pitiful furniture mattresses etc. Infrastructure where ever you go rubbish all over the streets hence the stench in most of Phnom Penh and towns where expats live. Having been lucky to have successful businesses there I pulled the plug 5 years ago at the start of the Chinese influx. If the majority of the posted were more honest they would live somewhere else, for those that quote Cambodian family ties for their children what about there own family ties from wherever they come from. Sorry for the rant and best of luck to those stuck there
Disagree. You talk about material things, that's not all there is to a country.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

Cambodia is home. A place if you give respect you get. A place that is safe for the most part.
Thank you Cambodia
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Been here for a few years now (roughly half my adult life). Not planning on moving back 'home' anytime soon
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

I'm here - Next year, 2023 will be my 20th year living full-time in Phnom Penh
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I'm here and no firm plans to move on yet. However I have no intention of growing old here, fuck that.

I am actively looking at alternative places to live before I get too rooted here. I have been here 5 years and by all accounts I missed the best of times and many that were here and enjoyed them have now left. It seems the smart money views Cambodia as a sell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic