On FOOTWEAR where do you stand?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: On FOOTWEAR where do you stand?

Post by Clutch Cargo »

David Gordon wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:35 am Do shoes still make the man?
I believe so. Women notice these things in particular.. So despite shorts and sandals/thongs being eminently practical in the heat of PP, if you want to impress, you know what to do...

Having said that, I tend do the casual, practical thing in my 'no longer need to work' day time mode in PP. However when I go out with Mrs Clutch to eg Aeon/restaurant/function the shoes come out of retirement :mrgreen:
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

I like the last para of your post.
Boredom is like a shroud
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

started wearing hiking boots everywhere... i like walking around n if i wear dress shoes or sneakers my feet start to hurt, that said i do miss the clicking sound dress shoes made when walking on hard wood or tiles.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I go to the above outlet, training shoes and good boots, and in 1/2 sizes too, resoled and like new. Very good price.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the only shoes I own are low top hiking boots i use for cycling
other times, flip flops everywhere for years and years
nobody judges you by ur shoes or cares
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:08 pm the only shoes I own are low top hiking boots i use for cycling
Wearing sandals, flip-flops as regular footwear, can cause serious injuries to your back, knee and tendons.
Boredom is like a shroud
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:08 pm the only shoes I own are low top hiking boots i use for cycling

Which is so strange, because many people are judged by the hat they wear.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I wear Skechers slip on shoes most of the time - with socks. I don't like wearing anything open toed walking around or cycling in case I bust my toe. I wear a pair of slides in the house and have some old yeezy/croc style things for when I'm going somewhere nearby.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
NotYourUncle
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by NotYourUncle »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:56 pm Image

I go to the above outlet, training shoes and good boots, and in 1/2 sizes too, resoled and like new. Very good price.
Looks good, will check it out next time im in pp
pronouns- it/that
as quite obviously, I identify as a f***ing watermelon
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:52 pm I wear Skechers slip on shoes most of the time - with socks. I don't like wearing anything open toed walking around or cycling in case I bust my toe. I wear a pair of slides in the house and have some old yeezy/croc style things for when I'm going somewhere nearby.
Safety first.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic