New UK PM results

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: New UK PM results

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

They got their country back, just a shame there's no-one capable of leading it.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

So Boris might return?

I will stock up with popcorn and gaze at the upcomming muppet show!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

It would be an affront to even the most dense of tik-tokky types if Boris were to be presented as a viable option, let alone elected*. But sadly, voters do have the ability to achieve great mediocrity, so who knows?

It would be better all around if the incumbent party chose to take an opposition seat for a while and not present a candidate, if boris were to be considered a candidate. Whatever credibility they may still have should (I hesitate to say would) evaporate.
For it even to be a topic of debate demonstrates just how farcical this has gone. Yet it isn’t funny. The UK’s third female prime minister has the potential to make the fop look good. Or at least, not quite as bad.

*perhaps** it’s no longer an election of the best, but the least worst.
**perhaps? Who am I kidding?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:42 pm It would be an affront to even the most dense of tik-tokky types if Boris were to be presented as a viable option, let alone elected*. But sadly, voters do have the ability to achieve great mediocrity, so who knows?
The problem is that the voting masses will have no say in the matter anyway (I do not think Boris could win in a general election); it will be his cronies that decide.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

before I was watching the italian muppet show. Now there is a UK version too it seems.
work is for people who cant find truffles
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:08 pm
xandreu wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:01 pm

Are you honestly telling me that Mandy, a single mother of five, who lives at number 8, a habitual alcoholic and casual recreational drug user, who could barely tell you who the prime minister is, let alone what party they represent or what they stand for, should be given an equal say in whether the UK should leave the EU or not, as someone who's just finished their major in international politics?

Yes, nobody with a major in politics can be trusted
Your assumption that the British electorate is made up of "Mandys" is a good case for not allowing you to vote.

How about we restrict voting to the rich and powerful. :stir:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I vote for the King to dissolve the parliament and call a general election to be held in 2025.
Between now and the election, Charles will run the country.

Can he do that?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:37 pm
Are you honestly telling me that Mandy, a single mother of five, who lives at number 8, a habitual alcoholic and casual recreational drug user, who could barely tell you who the prime minister is, let alone what party they represent or what they stand for, should be given an equal say in whether the UK should leave the EU or not, as someone who's just finished their major in international politics?

Your assumption that the British electorate is made up of "Mandys" is a good case for not allowing you to vote.

He didn’t actually say or imply that, though, did he? But well done you for putting a twist on the example.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Well, Boris just got his 100 votes.

I am getting more popcorn.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:37 pm

Perhaps your inability to understand the key point of my post is a better example of my point.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic