ER visa (retirement visa in Cambodia)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: ER visa (retirement visa in Cambodia)

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

She could apply for a new Extension right now, and pay extra for express service ($70 - 100 for next day processing), otherwise just apply for a new E-type VOA when she returns.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

That's helpful. Many thanks.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:09 pm She could apply for a new Extension right now, and pay extra for express service ($70 - 100 for next day processing), otherwise just apply for a new E-type VOA when she returns.
PSD-Kiwi, you must be a extremely patient person. In how many occasions did you answer these visa issues?
Boredom is like a shroud
Expatenglish
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Expatenglish »

I am hearing multiple tales from expats (attempting to avoid paying for work permits and visa extensions) that the "authorities" are progressively tightening their checks on employers who employ expats.
The license of the employer to trade is at stake and so employers are insisting that all staff comply with regulations.
Those staff who refuse are being sacked and are fleeing to the provinces to find "black market" work.
If these people ever try to leave Cambodia they are facing huge overstay costs.
So most elect to die here.
Some landlords retain the passports of their tenants to combat arrears on rent.
verdebandit
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by verdebandit »

Anyone ever hear how much you have to show to get an ER before 55?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Expatenglish wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:36 am I am hearing multiple tales from expats (attempting to avoid paying for work permits and visa extensions) that the "authorities" are progressively tightening their checks on employers who employ expats.
The license of the employer to trade is at stake and so employers are insisting that all staff comply with regulations.
Those staff who refuse are being sacked and are fleeing to the provinces to find "black market" work.
If these people ever try to leave Cambodia they are facing huge overstay costs.
So most elect to die here.
Some landlords retain the passports of their tenants to combat arrears on rent.
Sounds like classic bar bullshit to me.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

verdebandit wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:14 am Anyone ever hear how much you have to show to get an ER before 55?
There is no official published policy stating what the minimum savings/income amount is, however many people have succeeded with as little as $6000 in their bank account
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

"For the ER (Retirement) EOS:
- If aged 55+ and applying via a Visa agency, no additional supporting documentation is required
- If aged under 55 and applying via a Visa Agency, proof of retirement and sufficient funds are required
- If applying directly via the DoI, the supporting documentation requirements are extensive and stric"

Hi guys, so I'm on a disability pension. I'm well under 55. I didn't apply for the ER visa because of the 55 years old rule. I wanted to be on the ER visa. I don't have 6000 bucks in the bank, but I have my bank statements showing my fortnightly pension. I guess I was embarrassed to tell the visa agent about my disability and being on a pension so young. I think I'd probably need a letter or something from the Australian consulate, to help my claim, if I try to get an ER visa. So does anyone know of anyone who has successfully got an ER visa before 55?. Thanks for the info, I'm going to tell my visa agent and see what she says.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Private Nuts wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:27 pm "For the ER (Retirement) EOS:
- If aged 55+ and applying via a Visa agency, no additional supporting documentation is required
- If aged under 55 and applying via a Visa Agency, proof of retirement and sufficient funds are required
- If applying directly via the DoI, the supporting documentation requirements are extensive and stric"

Hi guys, so I'm on a disability pension. I'm well under 55. I didn't apply for the ER visa because of the 55 years old rule. I wanted to be on the ER visa. I don't have 6000 bucks in the bank, but I have my bank statements showing my fortnightly pension. I guess I was embarrassed to tell the visa agent about my disability and being on a pension so young. I think I'd probably need a letter or something from the Australian consulate, to help my claim, if I try to get an ER visa. So does anyone know of anyone who has successfully got an ER visa before 55?. Thanks for the info, I'm going to tell my visa agent and see what she says.
I thought you could only stay out of the country , Australia , for 6 weeks if you are on a disability pension, before it is stopped.

Correct me if I am wrong.
verdebandit
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by verdebandit »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:37 pm
verdebandit wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:14 am Anyone ever hear how much you have to show to get an ER before 55?
There is no official published policy stating what the minimum savings/income amount is, however many people have succeeded with as little as $6000 in their bank account
Thanks. I might roll the dice then next time instead of eb plus wp
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic