Shooting Club recommendations

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Shooting Club recommendations

Post by John Bingham »

I want to go and shoot some handguns and rifles with my son. The Phnom Penh Shooting Club looks good, not sure about Hanuman Shooting range as their website doesn't have any information. Has anyone got any recommendations? Also it seems you have to be 18 but I'm not sure if they check, he's 15 and quite big.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Shooting Club recommendations

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The only 2 I would recommend are Hanuman Shooting Range and Phnom Penh Shooting Club, as they actually have purpose built range facilities, maintain their weapons, and understand range safety procedures. Not cheap though.

I usually go to Hanuman about 4 times when I'm home, and spend on average about $300 each time.

I have seen younger kids at Hanuman with their parents, so I guess as lo g as you are present should be OK.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Great, thanks.
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:11 pm I usually go to Hanuman about 4 times when I'm home, and spend on average about $300 each time.
Isn't that sort of a busman's holiday? 8-)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:22 pm Great, thanks.
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:11 pm I usually go to Hanuman about 4 times when I'm home, and spend on average about $300 each time.
Isn't that sort of a busman's holiday? 8-)
If it was legal to own firearms and hunt here would be able to have a real bushmans holiday, unfortunately not.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ended up going to Phnom Penh Shooting Club. We were the only customers in the normal range but I could hear some shots coming from the VIP range. The staff were efficient but rather indifferent/ moody! I've never fired any guns except for 12 bore shotguns, .22 rifles and air guns so it was interesting. I was a bit surprised how noisy an AK is when you're shooting it. There's a bit of a crazy vibration off it too. M16 was more comfortable. Shot some sort of 9mm auto and a revolver, then a .22 with a scope which was the only pleasant one! My son enjoyed it but wasn't really interested in doing much more. He can understand the difference between COD and real life guns now though.

Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

That's 60 rounds, correct?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's right. The bullets I was using were $2-$2.50 but you can get other stuff like .50 Desert Eagle bullets for $10 each. I have no idea how much bullets cost normally.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

It’s many a year since I bought ammo, but 2 bucks a bang for 22LR seems outrageous, especially when your paying only slightly more for 5.56 rounds.
I remember paying £4- per 100 in the 1990s for 22LR subsonics, I suddenly feel old 😂
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 pm That's right. The bullets I was using were $2-$2.50 but you can get other stuff like .50 Desert Eagle bullets for $10 each. I have no idea how much bullets cost normally.
The 50 Action ammo ( for Desert Eagle is around $67 for a box of 20 in the USA so $3.33 or so per round.

With shipping and overheads $10 per bullet here isn't outrageous

#8 12 gauge is about what I remember at under 0.50c per shot
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’m assuming the ammo JB paid for includes rental for an AR rifle, and AK rifle, scoped pistol, revolver as well as range fees.

For that renting that many firearms plus range fees, seems pretty reasonable total cost.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic