Cambodian wildlife.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Cambodian wildlife.

Post by Chad Sexington »

Investigated what I thought was a mouses tail sticking out from between some items in my kitchen, turned out to be this little guy, I believe it’s a Long Tailed Grass Lizard, first one I’ve ever seen, his tail is about 4 times the length of his body.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian wildlife.

Post by John Bingham »

I don't think I've seen one of those.
With a tail that can be over 300% longer than their body, they have the longest tails of any living animal on earth when compared to its body length!
https://www.zillarules.com/information/ ... ass-lizard

I was in a restaurant across from my house last night and they have a four meter wild Burmese Python slithering around the ceiling.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:22 pm I don't think I've seen one of those.
With a tail that can be over 300% longer than their body, they have the longest tails of any living animal on earth when compared to its body length!

I was in a restaurant across from my house last night and they have a four meter wild Burmese Python slithering around the ceiling.

I’ve another photo giving a better view with the tail straitened out but the file is too large for me to post, but I’ll bet the tail is closer to 5 times the body’s length (500%)
If it didn’t have those skinny little legs it’d be a snake.

I’m yet to see a python here, plenty of cobras the last few days, a neighbor has been clearing a bamboo grove.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've seen a few pythons but have yet to see a cobra. I'm not too keen on those.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:22 pm I don't think I've seen one of those.

Woman's 6kg pet cat swallowed by python in Tanah Merah condominium
The tabby was three and a half years old.
Mandy How | September 02, 2022, 03:14 PM
A woman in Singapore has lost her beloved pet cat, Benji, to a reticulated python.

According to The Straits Times (ST), the incident took place at the owner's condominium in Tanah Merah.

Angel Low, 28, posted an open letter to Mandai Wildlife Reserve about the incident and how she learned of her pet's carcass being disposed of after reaching the Singapore zoo.

The teacher wrote that a python had appeared in her residence was Aug. 29, but was caught by Acres shortly after.

Through a video filmed by other residents, Low saw that the reptile was sporting a "huge" belly when it was being taken away to be handed over to the zoo.

The same night, Benji failed to return home.

Fearing for the worst, Low reached out to the animal welfare organisation.

The following day, she learned that the snake had vomited up Benji's carcass while on the way to the zoo. Low was then told that the cat's body had been picked up by a biohazard company at the zoo and disposed of.
In full: https://mothership.sg/2022/09/pet-cat-eaten-python/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:15 pm

Woman's 6kg pet cat swallowed by python in Tanah Merah condominium
The tabby was three and a half years old.
Mandy How | September 02, 2022, 03:14 PM
A woman in Singapore has lost her beloved pet cat, Benji, to a reticulated python.

According to The Straits Times (ST), the incident took place at the owner's condominium in Tanah Merah.

Angel Low, 28, posted an open letter to Mandai Wildlife Reserve about the incident and how she learned of her pet's carcass being disposed of after reaching the Singapore zoo.

The teacher wrote that a python had appeared in her residence was Aug. 29, but was caught by Acres shortly after.

Through a video filmed by other residents, Low saw that the reptile was sporting a "huge" belly when it was being taken away to be handed over to the zoo.

The same night, Benji failed to return home.

Fearing for the worst, Low reached out to the animal welfare organisation.

The following day, she learned that the snake had vomited up Benji's carcass while on the way to the zoo. Low was then told that the cat's body had been picked up by a biohazard company at the zoo and disposed of.
In full: https://mothership.sg/2022/09/pet-cat-eaten-python/
A little bit of payback for all the birds, reptiles and small mammals killed by pet cats,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic