How is it for YOU returning to live in the west after several years abroad?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: How is it for YOU returning to live in the west after several years abroad?

Post by Ghostwriter »

Strange things may happen in strange lands, con men and fairy tales are only a fraction of them ^^
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

tears_in_rain wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:06 am So many bullshit artists in South East Asia. Conmen, fantasists, interlopers....

Wanderers, vagabonds, compulsive liars.
Which is why you post on this forum. Where are the mods and their hammer.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:53 pm I know BubbleT since about 2005 and can vouch that he isn't really exaggerating anything. He had learned fluent Khmer shortly after getting here and even sang Khmer songs on TV! He had some ups and downs but he always managed well. He's just some sort of enigma.
I have also known Bubble T personally for almost 2 decades. Yes he did indeed do all those things that he claimed to have done after arriving at the age of 17.
He did indeed create an IT company, the success of which even made it into the local press. PP Post if I recall correctly.
I have personally witnessed him giving training to Khmer staff speaking fluent Khmer.
I have personally enjoyed a ride in his Benz.

And what have you done, tears_in_rain? Apart from being a professional forum troll for 7 months?

As you are obviously trolling on this thread, I will give you a *bonus* 30 day ban to give you time to work out what have actually done in your life. In that time, the Mod team will review your posts made over the past 7 months and decide whether we can really be bothered allowing you back.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I can vouch for Bubble T as well. He did all the things in Cambodia that he claimed. His Khmer was impressive and he is a very unusual chap. Could turn his hand to anything I woul say. No one I know ever thought he was a bullshitter. We all knew who the bullshitters were though.
Bubble had a nice Merc too. Forget the model but nicer than mine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic