Zinc rods available at all locally?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Zinc rods available at all locally?

Post by SlowJoe »

I'm curious if this is even something that is known about here in the kingdom.

Here in Kampot it seems there's a lot stopped up or clogged up pumps and barges that seem to be scaled up with all kinds of stuff...thinking that the introduction of sacrificial rods might save some people the headache of needing new pumps or rebuilds all the time.

Curious if anyone knows (long shot I know) if there are zinc rods available for me to try this out with someone. I live next to someone with a few boats, want to give it a try and see if it works.

Thanks,
Joe
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Zinc rods available at all locally?

Post by Chad Sexington »

Pencil anodes. They’re a screw in plug with a zinc rod anode attached, used in heat exchangers of marine/marinized engines.
Not sure where you’d get them here, but google them I’m sure you’ll be able to source and order.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Thanks for the term to reference. I'm only familiar with really big 'ingots' of the stuff that goes into seawater cooled air conditioning units, didn't know there were little screw deals like this.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

When I was at the Australian Army Maritime School, they were known as - - - Sacrificial Anodes - - - and cheap and easy to replace, and were in place to be sacrificed while protecting and extending the life of far more expensive metal components and major unit assemblies.

OML
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic