Visa extension

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Visa extension

Post by MrBen87 »

Advice for a place in pp that can do 1 year visa extension no paperwork and best price please.

Cheers
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Visa extension

Post by newkidontheblock »

Try this l
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

There are categories that a visa can get an extension. Most require proof and paperwork.

Give Kim a call.

Cheapest price is to do it yourself at the immigration office.

Just costs your time, and speaking Khmer.

I wouldn’t recommend it.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

No "speaking Khmer" requirement for visa renewal at the immigration office. Who told you that?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:46 am Image
Try this l
Seconded.

She works from home so will meet up with you and even turns up on time! Passport back in about 7days or less.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Wolfcreek -

Please read the Original Poster’s Question carefully.

He want a visa extension with NO PAPERWORK, no forms to fill out. Just because he wants it, they give it to him.

And pay the cheapest possible, maybe even free.

This requires serious negotiating skills at Immigration.

Do you seriously think that they will hire a fluent English translator for him to do this to them?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@newkidontheblock, the officers at the Department of Immigration Visa Office all speak fluent English, some even speak French, Chinese, and other languages.

The OP will not get a 12 month Visa Extension of Stay without the necessary supporting documentation directly from the DoI Visa Office regardless of whether he can speak Khmer or not, they are extremely strict with regards to supporting documentation, and will always try to push people, even when they have the necessary supporting documentation, to use an Agency so that they can get their cut.

The OP will have to use an Agency, and he should give us more details, ie. he could be eligible for an ER (Retirement) EOS. If not eligible for an ER but wants a 12 mth EB with no supporting documentation, there are plenty of agencies which will facilitate it, but it'll cost him about $400. Best bet would be a 6 mth EG EOS, which doesn't require supporting documentation, then Visa run every 7 months.

I have posted this elsewhere, just reposting... here is a basic summary for general Foreigners wishing to stay long term, work, retire, study, etc...

1. You must enter the country on an E-type (Ordinary) Visa, $35 on arrival, valid for 1 month

2. Prior to your Visa expiry date, go to a Visa agency and apply for an Extension of Stay (EOS). There are different EOS categories available, the main ones are;

- EB (Business/Employment) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ER (Retirement) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ES (Student) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- EG (General - seeking employment/business opportunities) - 1,3,6 month options - 1 time deal, cannot be renewed in-country

Only 6 & 12 month options valid for multi-entry/exit.

Each EOS category has it's own supporting documentation requirements, but minimum requirements for all are;

- Valid passport with minimum 6 months validity remaining from the date the EOS will expire ie. If applying for 12 mth EOS, you need at least 18 months validity remaining on your passport
- Minimum 2x blank Visa pages in passport
- 1x Passport pic
- Completed EOS application form (most agents will complete on your behalf)
- FPCS details screenshot

Costs if applying via a Visa agency (price depends on agency and location);
- 1 mth EOS = $45 - 55
- 3 mth EOS = $70 - 90
- 6 mth EOS = $150 - 170
- 12 mth EOS = $270 - 300

*You also can apply for your EOS directly at the Department of Immigration (DoI) Visa Office in Pochentong, Phnom Penh, but only if you have all of the necessary supporting documentation, which they are very strict about. Official fee for a 12 month EOS applying directly is $180.
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrBen87 »

Thanks for replies , sorry I should have been more specific , I will renewing an EB visa, not of ER age yet .

I work online and dont have work permit or tax reference and thats what I meant about "paperwork " I tried Kim , thanks for the suggestion but shes quoted me at $370 but I can get it done with my previous visa agency in SHV for $330 including sending and delivering . Was hoping to find one in pp and will shop about abit but weirdly enough its actually looking to be cheaper using an agent from outside pp even though they all get sent here anyways.

Cheers
last man standing
Tourist
Germany

Post by last man standing »

MrBen87 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:28 am Advice for a place in pp that can do 1 year visa extension no paperwork and best price please.

Cheers
Khmer Views on 172. 12 Month's Visa renew. Never had Problems. Only Passport required. 300 or 350$, not sure anymore.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

MrBen87 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:44 pm Thanks for replies , sorry I should have been more specific , I will renewing an EB visa, not of ER age yet .

I work online and dont have work permit or tax reference and thats what I meant about "paperwork " I tried Kim , thanks for the suggestion but shes quoted me at $370 but I can get it done with my previous visa agency in SHV for $330 including sending and delivering . Was hoping to find one in pp and will shop about abit but weirdly enough its actually looking to be cheaper using an agent from outside pp even though they all get sent here anyways.

Cheers
Yeah, that's a bit of a rip off

If you have pics, passport and sign the form at agency and can do fcps screenshots it should be $280/300 at most

I use an agent in Kampot lately and those are the rates
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic