Can you drive 36,000 kilometers in three days?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Can you drive 36,000 kilometers in three days?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

truffledog wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:37 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:08 pm She did the right thing and broadcast it to any media outlet that will pick up the story. Twitter is useful in these cases. These big companies monitor the media and so when they are getting trashed they will usually act when obviously in the wrong.

The comment about Visa is interesting. I'm pretty sure something in the rental contract will authorise Avis to debit whatever they want and once you sign those spiteful one sided contracts Visa will back them up and not reverse the transaction.

This is why I like ABA and your control over card transaction limits. If you set your transaction limit to a small amount and no more than twice a day these rogue debits will never get authorised.
you probably wont be able to get a rental car with your ABA card though. Last time I rented a car FOR A SINGLE DAY the rental company blocked around 800 US on my card for deposit reasons (and this is on top of the agreed rental fee). The deposit was unblocked a week after ending the rental only.
Rented using my ABA card last three times I was back, no issue.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:57 pm If my maths is right, in effect they are claiming that she has maintained an average speed of 500km/h for each of 72hrs. 310mph.

Every single person involved in that decision process should be considered unfit for the job. It would be interesting to know what car she was renting.
That means that she could travel twice as fast in her car compared to my small 2 seater Sonex LSA. It cruises at 135 kts (250 km/h). But I need to refuel every 3 hours, and that takes an hour of the average speed.

So, even with a small, and fast, light sport aircraft it is not possible to cruise at more than 200 km/h. And yes I know that You can buy fast new slick small aircrafts that can do a bit more on the high end and at higher FL. But they will run You 300K as opposed to my 30K plane.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:42 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:08 pm She did the right thing and broadcast it to any media outlet that will pick up the story. Twitter is useful in these cases. These big companies monitor the media and so when they are getting trashed they will usually act when obviously in the wrong.

The comment about Visa is interesting. I'm pretty sure something in the rental contract will authorise Avis to debit whatever they want and once you sign those spiteful one sided contracts Visa will back them up and not reverse the transaction.

This is why I like ABA and your control over card transaction limits. If you set your transaction limit to a small amount and no more than twice a day these rogue debits will never get authorised.
you probably wont be able to get a rental car with your ABA card though. Last time I rented a car FOR A SINGLE DAY the rental company blocked around 800 US on my card for deposit reasons (and this is on top of the agreed rental fee). The deposit was unblocked a week after ending the rental only.
I did not say the any ABA card is useless when renting a car as every card has a different transaction or/and monthly limit (set individually). But I fear that a "small transaction amount" limited card will be rejected by most car rental companies (that require a deposit-not all of them do).
work is for people who cant find truffles
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

truffledog wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:52 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:42 pm

I did not say the any ABA card is useless when renting a car as every card has a different transaction or/and monthly limit (set individually). But I fear that a "small transaction amount" limited card will be rejected by most car rental companies (that require a deposit-not all of them do).
Tx limit can be adjusted in all of 5 seconds using ABA app, under the cards section.

I usually pay the extra for total coverage, which reduces deposit amount also
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic