the kratom kick

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

the kratom kick

Post by phuketrichard »

one of the few drugs i have NOT tried

It’s an upper. It’s a downer. It’s legal in most of the U.S. And everyone’s taking it

https://airmail.news/issues/2022-5-21/the-kratom-kick
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: the kratom kick

Post by John Bingham »

Everyone is taking it except you and everyone I know.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:14 pm one of the few drugs i have NOT tried

It’s an upper. It’s a downer. It’s legal in most of the U.S. And everyone’s taking it

Kratom shots are $1 in quite a few bars I know around here
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:20 pm Everyone is taking it except you and everyone I know.
I know nobody that has taken/tried it
we must hang in different circles :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Every old granny in the village is chewing it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:11 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:20 pm Everyone is taking it except you and everyone I know.
I know nobody that has taken/tried it
we must hang in different circles :-)
Literacy failed. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

THAILAND:
Kratom law sets hefty fines for abuse of decriminalised plant

A new law to regulate decriminalised kratom comes into force today (August 27) following its publication in the Royal Gazette on Friday.

The law covers not only kratom leaves but also beverages obtained from boiling leaves and extracts of the plant, said government spokeswoman Rachada Dhnadirek.

Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) is a tropical evergreen tree native to Southeast Asia. Its leaves have opioid properties and are used as a mild stimulant and painkiller.

The Kratom Plant Act of 2022 decriminalises kratom leaves and removes them from the list of narcotics.

The law allows the possession, consumption and use of kratom leaves. However, it places restrictions on the sale, marketing and advertising of leaves and on blending them with other psychotropic substances. Official permission is required to import or export the leaves.

Rachada said the new legislation requires that relevant state agencies encourage people to grow and process kratom for use in their communities and development as an economic crop.

“The government’s policy is to turn kratom into an economic crop and push for its medical use to create incomes for farmers,” she said.

She added that the law aims to prevent overuse and consumption of kratom by vulnerable people.

Anyone caught selling kratom leaves and products to children under 18, pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers faces a fine of up to 30,000 baht.

The sale of kratom is forbidden at educational institutions, dormitories, public parks, zoos and amusement parks, as well as from vending machines. Violators risk a maximum fine of 50,000 baht.
https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus ... l/40019427
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

So they have decriminalised it but will regulate it to death.

I remember hearing that the weed growers of California are getting crushed by all the regulations and licensing and seed to bud tracing that make legitimate small growers uneconomic. Maybe they want the production to be in the hands of big organisations who make political donations.
Mantis Toboggan, MD
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Mantis Toboggan, MD »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:14 pm one of the few drugs i have NOT tried

Been drinking it off and on since 2012. It's about as much a "drug" as coffee. If you want to try some, I import it from a great farmer in Indonesia. Have the leaf powder in red and green strains for $20/50g

(At one shot per day, would last you 2 or 3 months)

I'm on Telegram @ 012828585

You'll love it! Really pleasant and subtle
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

I dont take it and I have some on my balcony.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic