Facebook Lover Lures Teenage Girl into Gang Rape Trap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Facebook Lover Lures Teenage Girl into Gang Rape Trap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Banteay Meanchey Province): On August 24, 2022, 3 out of 4 rape suspects were sent to the First Instance Court of Banteay Meanchey province for the shocking gang rape (or bauk*) of a 15-year-old female minor.
According to the 15-year-old girl, she and a 22-year-old man called Hoeum Sochea were "dating" on Facebook, and she eventually agreed to meet him at a rented room in Korathan village, Srey Sophorn city on August 22.
But when the two finally met, the man pulled the young girl into the room and raped her. He then called on his 3 other male friends who were waiting to take turns sexually assaulting her.
3 out of the 4 suspects were arrested on August 23, 2022, and after interrogation, the suspects all admitted to sexually assaulting the 15-year-old girl. The 3 captured suspects were identified as Hoeum Sochea, a 22-year-old man, Hout Phel, a 21-year-old man, and Chom Sathea, a 17-year-old. The other suspect, Mao, a 22-year-old man, is still on the run from police.

*In Cambodia, gang rape of women and girls between male friends is known as "bauk".
More information on bauk:
Posted by Jamie Lambo : post471529.html#p471529
here is a good informing documentary about Bauk in Cambodia, including the cultural side of why its a common thing here, with a lot of interviews with guys and girls that have been involved in/victims of Bauk

Bauk បូក means to add, to make additions, the gang rape culture that is Bauk is when a guy leads a girl somewhere where there is additional guys waiting, hence the name Bauk.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Facebook Lover Lures Teenage Girl into Gang Rape Trap

Post by John Bingham »

That's nasty. I hope they get long sentences.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

should mean immediate castrations' that solves the problem quick and easy and a major deterrent IMHO.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ozinasia wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:01 pm should mean immediate castrations' that solves the problem quick and easy and a major deterrent IMHO.
Yes, that would be fantastic. However being realistic they might only get a short sentence. That's why I said I hoped they'd get a long sentence.

mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

Hopefully hoeum sochea & other boys get instant loving form the other cons where ever they're sent.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

mossie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:29 pm Hopefully hoeum sochea & other boys get instant loving form the other cons where ever they're sent.
The very fact that there is a cultural term for this is quite appalling.
Where no doubt exists regarding guilt, a part of me feels it fitting that they be required to do to each other what they’ve inflicted on the girl. They may need to improvise.
A condition of eventual release into society should include a permanent means of them never engaging in such an act again. For however long she has to live with it, so should they.
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:07 pm
mossie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:29 pm Hopefully hoeum sochea & other boys get instant loving form the other cons where ever they're sent.
Where no doubt exists regarding guilt, a part of me feels it fitting that they be required to do to each other what they’ve inflicted on the girl. They may need to improvise.
A condition of eventual release into society should include a permanent means of them never engaging in such an act again. For however long she has to live with it, so should they.
English is obviously not my native language, and I don't quite understand what you mean. If it's up to me, off with the heads right away. A few decades with "no vaseline" treatment, should teach those fuckers something.
Again, unfortunately I'm not quite understand your reply, because language barrier.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

mossie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:54 pm
Freightdog wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:07 pm
English is obviously not my native language, and I don't quite understand what you mean. If it's up to me, off with the heads right away. A few decades with "no vaseline" treatment, should teach those fuckers something.
Again, unfortunately I'm not quite understand your reply, because language barrier.
We’re on the same page, but google translate ain’t helping’.

They raped her. She will have this for life. Their punishment should be-
1. Incarceration. While in jail, they should do to each other what they did to her.
She trusted one of them, and that is betrayal in itself. Then he lent her out to his friends.
Now let his friends betray him by raping him, and let him betray his friends by raping them.

I have little thoughts on mercy in this, or similar cases.

2. When they get out of jail, chemically or surgically, have no chance to inflict this on anyone else again.

If at this point they’ve elected to stay within society, that will be their first positive character point.

Off with their heads is a little too quick.
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

Agreed in most points.
Unfortunately they won't do it to each other without gun point ( which is a good idea, but probably not going to happen.)

That's why there are the other cons willing to drilling those shitheads. Maybe they can also make them to do them to f**k each other when bored.

However, damage is done for the lady, and I'll truly feel sorry for her.

Drilling those mofos can't ever make up what they did to her. This shit happens way too often all around the world.

Off with the lower head is a way to go like you said.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Men might rape each other in US penitentiaries, it doesn't mean it is much of a thing here.
Last edited by John Bingham on Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic