ahhh Cambodians

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: ahhh Cambodians

Post by xandreu »

This doesn't seem to be any more commonplace than anywhere else. I don't mean to be disrespectful when I say "shit happens", but, shit happens. Gangs steal bikes in every corner of the globe. In some countries, you might get a whack on the back of your head, in others, you might get a loaded and cocked gun pressed against your temple. It happens in rich western cities such as London. It happens in poor, underdeveloped cities.

That being said, I still feel safer, in terms of this type of crime, in Cambodia, than I would in the majority of countries around the world. Of course these crimes happen from time and time, and it's extremely distressing for those who become involved in them, but they're still infrequent enough to call Cambodia a relatively safe country. At least in terms of violent crime.

I hope your nephew is ok and isn't too affected by the experience.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

xandreu wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:32 pm
That being said, I still feel safer, in terms of this type of crime, in Cambodia, than I would in the majority of countries around the world.
In my 12-13 years here I've only seen one fight on the street (neighbours, turned out to be two relatives fighting over a bad business deal).

In Vietnam my first week alone I saw three random fights break out in the middle of the road.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Thai man wanted in connection with the murder of Thai couple in Taiwan
Police in Thailand are looking for a Thai man wanted by the Taiwanese police on suspicion of killing a Thai couple in Taiwan. The murders are thought to be related to a money lending business conflict.

Pol Col Krisana Pattanacharoen, deputy spokesman for the Royal Thai Police, said today (Sunday) that, according to Taiwanese media, the alleged perpetrator and the two victims all worked in Taiwan and knew each other.

The suspect, working as an interpreter, borrowed money from the Thai couple, to lend to other Thai workers for profit. On June 8th, the three were reported to have met to settle their outstanding obligations, but the couple had not been seen since.
ahhh Thais
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

ahhh moustaches or ahhh Florida or ahhh fucking Floridians, i'm still hesitating on how to name this one ^^
https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-sh ... it-1681132
Maybe it's not all about the people, or if it is, then why not calling it after the country they're in, or the shit they do ?
ahhh posters ahhh generalizations ahhh fucking frogs etc etc ^^...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic