FPCS App

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: FPCS App

Post by Freightdog »

If they didn’t know about you, how did 5 uniforms find you in the street?
Khmer bureaucratic logic at work! It’s likely this kind of broken thinking that has a lot of locals (at least, family opinions in the province) not bothering to involve the police in anything not life threatening.
The police only turn up where there’s likely to be money or food is what one endearing old aunt explained to me.

I think she may be on to something.

I’ve done my own FPCS bar one, when Kim the super agent quickly made some changes while doing my visa extension.
Landlords/ladies get a vacant expression about it.
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

About 2 months ago I was visited at my house in the Siem Reap countryside area. 2 police, excellent English and all friendly.
They didn't care about work permit etc. All they were interested in was the FPCS (on my phone!). Once that was checked all good. They wrote down the details of my registration in a notebook and I told them 'nothing beats going digital, hey?'
Once completed they asked to take a photo with me, 'to show their boss'...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I am in the FPCS app of the guy who handles my visa renewals - and also once every year or 18 months, upon being prompted by the relevant authorities I guess, my landlords sexy 20 something niece comes and reggoes me in the app on his phone also

Never had a copper check at my house since last decade
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:38 pm I am in the FPCS app of the guy who handles my visa renewals - and also once every year or 18 months, upon being prompted by the relevant authorities I guess, my landlords sexy 20 something niece comes and reggoes me in the app on his phone also

Never had a copper check at my house since last decade
I think more detail is needed…
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:31 pm If they didn’t know about you, how did 5 uniforms find you in the street?
They knew about me by then, and I'm the only whitey in the neighborhood so not hard to spot.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Just a quick update for others who might have been as confused as me - I rent an apartment in a high-rise from a private landlord who told me that although he's my landlord, it was the building owner who deals with that app. I went to the building's office and the woman who I saw was pretty on the ball - it seemed like a common job for her, considering there are quite a number of foreigners in the building.

She also confirmed, as other posters have mentioned, that foreign residents are not supposed to have the app on their phones. It's not really our business. Our job is just to ensure that our landlords / building owners have registered us on there. When I mentioned that I'm always asked for a screenshot of the app whenever I renew my visa, she said landlords / owners are supposed to send you the screenshots from their phone that you can use to show the visa agents you're registered on there - she sent me screenshots via Telegram and also gave me a printout of them.

Very helpful, on the ball and seemed to know her stuff. I know, right...

Now, as I only renew my visa once a year and my memory seems to decline ever so slightly with every passing renewal, just to confirm, now that I'm on that app, in order to renew my visa, I just need my passport, a letter of employment, a screenshot of the app, and a decent visa agent right? The visa agent I usually use has apparently closed down so any recommendations for other ones?

Thanks
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@xandreu glad to hear your property owners staff knew what they were doing :thumb:

For a 6 or 12 mth EB (Business) EOS application via an Agency you require;

- Valid passport with minimum 6 months validity remaining from the date the EOS will expire ie. If applying for 12 mth EOS, you need at least 18 months validity remaining on your passport
- Minimum 2x blank Visa pages in passport
- 1x Passport pic
- Completed EOS application form (most agents will complete on your behalf)
- FPCS details screenshot
- Official letter of employment with original company stamp
- Copy of current Company Tax Patent with original company stamp

If only applying for a 1 or 3 mth EB EOS you also need a valid Work Permit.

If you don't have the final 2 documents, most agents will provide for an additional fee.

Now, if you want to apply yourself directly at the DoI and pay the official fee of $180 for a 12 mth EB EOS, then you require a lot more supporting documentation....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic