Bugatti in Bangkok

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bugatti in Bangkok

Post by SlowJoe »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:44 pm I've seen two of them around Phnom Penh, one is owned by Hun To. An oil change is $17,000.
Is that including destination and freight, or is it just an inflated figure from owners to exaggerate their manhood?

I've seen invoices for Veyron oil changes and they were around $4,500 (I want to say the filter and oil was "only" $2,500 of the price but I don't remember exactly).
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SlowJoe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:08 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:44 pm I've seen two of them around Phnom Penh, one is owned by Hun To. An oil change is $17,000.
Is that including destination and freight, or is it just an inflated figure from owners to exaggerate their manhood?

I've seen invoices for Veyron oil changes and they were around $4,500 (I want to say the filter and oil was "only" $2,500 of the price but I don't remember exactly).
I believe they actually send technicians out rather than needing to fly the car back to France. Anyway, it seems I underestimated the cost, it's $21,000 here(It's kind of understandable too because it's not just draining the oil from a sump and filling it up again.):

hburns wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:16 pm Wonder if he ever gets above 20mph
Best comment, there are very limited options for driving any supercar fast in the KOW.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Some examples of parts costs here - for a Veyron not a Chiron though: https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cultur ... air-costs/
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:48 pm I believe they actually send technicians out rather than needing to fly the car back to France. Anyway, it seems I underestimated the cost, it's $21,000 here(It's kind of understandable too because it's not just draining the oil from a sump and filling it up again.):

It's $26-30k for a major annual service not including destination (including things like brake pads, transmission oil pump, air filters, brake fluid change, etc.), I'm assuming it's a bit less for an oil change, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Or the video might have stretched the definition of annual service with "oil change" (for views sake) since many owners would only get their oil changed when the annual service is performed.

Quick glance at the service invoice, it looks like there's 4 or 5 oil filters (totaling $1000 or so), several screws and washers ($500-800, not sure of which screws are part of the annual service or not), and assuming the transmission is not removed for the oil change, labour might total 15 shop hours and at $200 an hour that's roughly $3k as an estimate.

So I'll still stand by the $4.5k oil change estimate, if that's all that's going on.
Last edited by SlowJoe on Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

As a modest/ broke person it's all a bit beyond my comprehension to be honest. I do find all that cutting-edge technology and engineering fascinating though.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:18 pm As a modest/ broke person it's all a bit beyond my comprehension to be honest. I do find all that cutting-edge technology and engineering fascinating though.
I used to work at an exotic car dealership, and truth be told, there is very little that is cutting edge about things with exotic high dollar price tags.

There may be a big difference from an economy car to a "generic" luxury car, but there is very little difference from a "regular" luxury car and an exotic car in terms of what you get vs. how much you pay.

When I drove a Merc SL600 on demo, it was easy to see why it was 20 times the price of my Mercury sedan, but extremely difficult to justify the $2.9 million dollar price difference from it's $160k price and the Veyron in the showroom.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

More pics of this Bugatti in Bangkok with Cambodian plates:

ImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:30 am More pics of this Bugatti in Bangkok with Cambodian plates:

ImageImage
Which one is higher maintenance, her or the car?
Spoiler:
Her
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

estimates go as far as 477'000 USD over a 4 year period excluding labour costs, travel fees, or transportation

https://www.driven.co.nz/news/bugatti-o ... -hypercar/

Those cars are made for people who dont know how much money they have.
work is for people who cant find truffles
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

can't imagine driving something like that in SE-Asia traffic n roads conditions, then there's the ethical issue of displaying such wealth in areas that aren't very wealthy, and crime it could attract.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic