A Short Holiday to Paris

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: A Short Holiday to Paris

Post by Ghostwriter »

...but this is Paris, the sous-bock (piece of printed cardboard under the glass) is a Heineken one, and Yong probably doesn't look like a typical frog, so, it could be Mort Subite but it could be something worse too ^^
Mid-august, you can bet most of prices are inflated, and the product not always matching your expectations.
Meanwhile, anybody close to the beach is being ass-raped at each single bill. It is a pricey summer indeed, more than usual.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

SlowJoe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:12 pm
hanno wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:17 pm
No, I haven't. But CDG topped the worst airport polls for many years. It is a chaotic, overcrowded mess with rude staff.
NYC airports also often top lists of worst airports in the world, not just for flyers but pilots as well. Flying into Newark (New Jersey) isn't much better either so there's no way to win.
Man, your worrying me as next month will be having my US/Canada holiday flying in and out of NY. Keeping fingers crossed.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Maybe avoid watching Sully & The Terminal before boarding ?
Spoiler:
Pretty sure they won't be available on the flight's movies selection anyway, despite Tom Hanks best efforts
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

hanno wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:52 pm A lot of bad comments, I like this one:

This restaurant SUCKS. Don’t come here. On first walking in, despite the numerous empty tables they sat us with an old couple! Les inconnus! We had to ask to sit by ourselves. Apparently that’s the concept but I witnessed many people ask to be seated alone. Our waiter smells! Like poop! He’s chaotic and at one point just left the restaurant and didn’t come back for 10 minutes. And we were sat next to children and a woman with a booger in her nose. My steak had a hair. We never got water and the bill took hours to come! The only good thing was that they over served the wine. No salt nor pepper. And the whole place smelled like a barn. I want to give it a 0 but that’s not possible so I gave it a 1! Et pour les français… mais qu’est-ce que vous foutez dans ce resto? C’est pas de la vraie gastronomie française. Il y a pas du saveur, ni des épices pour améliorer la dégustation de l’alimentation immonde. Dégueulasse ! Et l’ambiance et chaotique et il faut s’installer à côté des inconnus. C’est quoi ce bordel?!
I passed by the restaurant at about 8.30pm and its packed to the brim with long queue. Felt sad for them like I regretted.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

dont know why "tourist's" always frequent places mentioned in guide books>
as soon as the restaurantsgets a mention, quality goes down and it gets crowded, writers never return to update for next edition

I make it a point to never enter any restaurant that has a sign outside , "mentioned in trip advisor, ranked number 1 on lonely planet", nor has a line to get in.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:30 am dont know why "tourist's" always frequent places mentioned in guide books>
as soon as the restaurantsgets a mention, quality goes down and it gets crowded, writers never return to update for next edition

I make it a point to never enter any restaurant that has a sign outside , "mentioned in trip advisor, ranked number 1 on lonely planet", nor has a line to get in.
I’d have to be close to starvation before I’d even consider joining a queue for a table in a restaurant. Queues are for takeaway fish and chips and burgers.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:22 am
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:30 am dont know why "tourist's" always frequent places mentioned in guide books>

I’d have to be close to starvation before I’d even consider joining a queue for a table in a restaurant. Queues are for takeaway fish and chips and burgers.
And dumplings in Hong Kong. But yes, I agree in general.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Generally true, though there are exceptions.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Someone recommended a bakery in Paris "Maison Passos" for its quiche so I had my breakfast there yesterday

My ham and cheese and potatoes quiche

Actually its my first time having quiche, I kindda like it

After the quiche I had another coffee and a croissant

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

By the way this is a pretty nice hotel and centrally located at Opera area

good for 5 nights
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic