A Short Holiday to Paris

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: A Short Holiday to Paris

Post by Doc67 »

yong wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:47 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:40 pm That main course looks terrible, is it stewed beef and macaroni?
You noticed I did not leave any comment. Well yes you are correct, being a very popular restaurant in Paris I was highly disappointed. Escargot were somewhat overcooked and dry, as for the beef I had much better. After the lunch I thought about it I guess this restaurant is for tourists both coming from overseas and outside of Paris. I will never go again.
And the cost of this macoroni, stewed beef and overcooked dry snails? :D

My guess is 20 Euro for the mains and 15 Euro for the snails.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:40 pm That main course looks terrible, is it stewed beef and macaroni?
You noticed I did not leave any comment. Well yes you are correct, being a very popular restaurant in Paris I was highly disappointed. Escargot were somewhat overcooked and dry, as for the beef I had much better. After the lunch I thought about it I guess this restaurant is for tourists both coming from overseas and outside of Paris. I will never go again.
A lot of bad comments, I like this one:

This restaurant SUCKS. Don’t come here. On first walking in, despite the numerous empty tables they sat us with an old couple! Les inconnus! We had to ask to sit by ourselves. Apparently that’s the concept but I witnessed many people ask to be seated alone. Our waiter smells! Like poop! He’s chaotic and at one point just left the restaurant and didn’t come back for 10 minutes. And we were sat next to children and a woman with a booger in her nose. My steak had a hair. We never got water and the bill took hours to come! The only good thing was that they over served the wine. No salt nor pepper. And the whole place smelled like a barn. I want to give it a 0 but that’s not possible so I gave it a 1! Et pour les français… mais qu’est-ce que vous foutez dans ce resto? C’est pas de la vraie gastronomie française. Il y a pas du saveur, ni des épices pour améliorer la dégustation de l’alimentation immonde. Dégueulasse ! Et l’ambiance et chaotique et il faut s’installer à côté des inconnus. C’est quoi ce bordel?!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hanno wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:52 pm
A lot of bad comments, I like this one:

This restaurant SUCKS. Don’t come here. On first walking in, despite the numerous empty tables they sat us with an old couple! Les inconnus! We had to ask to sit by ourselves. Apparently that’s the concept but I witnessed many people ask to be seated alone. Our waiter smells! Like poop! He’s chaotic and at one point just left the restaurant and didn’t come back for 10 minutes. And we were sat next to children and a woman with a booger in her nose. My steak had a hair. We never got water and the bill took hours to come! The only good thing was that they over served the wine. No salt nor pepper. And the whole place smelled like a barn. I want to give it a 0 but that’s not possible so I gave it a 1! Et pour les français… mais qu’est-ce que vous foutez dans ce resto? C’est pas de la vraie gastronomie française. Il y a pas du saveur, ni des épices pour améliorer la dégustation de l’alimentation immonde. Dégueulasse ! Et l’ambiance et chaotique et il faut s’installer à côté des inconnus. C’est quoi ce bordel?!
Read all about it. The one above isn't the worst!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... rance.html
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

yong wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:42 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:21 pm How many Euro were those beers?
The first one was 9 euro the second was 9.50 euro

But Mort Subite (Sudden Death) is from Belgium, hence the price in Paris (prices are always a bit crazy).
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:50 pmAnd the cost of this macoroni, stewed beef and overcooked dry snails? :D

My guess is 20 Euro for the mains and 15 Euro for the snails.
Two dishes and a bottle of wine cost me 46 euros
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

hanno wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:17 pm
No, I haven't. But CDG topped the worst airport polls for many years. It is a chaotic, overcrowded mess with rude staff.
NYC airports also often top lists of worst airports in the world, not just for flyers but pilots as well. Flying into Newark (New Jersey) isn't much better either so there's no way to win.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SlowJoe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:48 pm
hanno wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm How I miss those French Bistrots! But CDG airport is the worst airport I know.
Have you flown into JFK or La Guardia (NYC) before? I've never been to Charles De Gaulle so I'm just curious how it compares.
Never been to La Guardia but I've been through JFK and Charles de Gaulle a few times. Besides the heavy security/ immigration both pre and post 9-11 JFK seemed fine and it's not so far from Manhattan. CDG I didn't care for so much, the signage is shit and I almost missed connecting flights a couple of times because of the lack of announcements.

Anyway Yong, I hope you get out and see a bit of Paris. It's a great city but has a very scuzzy side.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

There is truly no comparison between Western airports and Asia airports, it’s like night and day, the same goes for their airlines.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kenr wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:41 pm There is truly no comparison between Western airports and Asia airports, it’s like night and day, the same goes for their airlines.
I had some terrible experiences with western airports and airlines recently. Thai Airways and Suvarnabhumi Airport were by far the most efficient. Phnom Penh International Airport was fantastic too but it's so small and quiet that you can't really compare it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:13 pm
yong wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:42 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:21 pm How many Euro were those beers?
The first one was 9 euro the second was 9.50 euro

But Mort Subite (Sudden Death) is from Belgium, hence the price in Paris (prices are always a bit crazy).
hahaha, yes indeed, of course mort subit is belgian beer, but it surprises me a french guy knows that. Hahaha, its not really my favorite, but its pretty well known abroad (out of belgium), pretty sure Duplex in Phnom Penh has them (there are several tastes and alcohol-percetages) !! Cheers !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic