It happened; RIP AndyKK

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: It happened; RIP AndyKK

Post by rozzieoz »

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Bugger I missed again, I was of the impression Andy was cremated on the 5th so stopped following this thread. I would have loved to attend the cremation being in Phnom Penh now, hopefully he wasn't alone.
Lots of posters like to put Richard down but how many others did a fraction of what Richard did for Andy, all talk no action most of you, ( I'm not much better but if I was in Cambodian I would have done more).
There is a difference between what family and what friends can do in these times. Being ill and can't travel is one thing but not having a passport, come on, you can get one if needed in a day or two.
Only knowing Andy though CEO and then meeting a few times in person he was a kind person who deeply loved his wife, may they be together again.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:40 pm Image
What a peaceful picture to end any controversy and close the thread.
work is for people who cant find truffles
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

atst wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:44 pm Bugger I missed again, I was of the impression Andy was cremated on the 5th so stopped following this thread. I would have loved to attend the cremation being in Phnom Penh now, hopefully he wasn't alone.
Lots of posters like to put Richard down but how many others did a fraction of what Richard did for Andy, all talk no action most of you, ( I'm not much better but if I was in Cambodian I would have done more).
There is a difference between what family and what friends can do in these times. Being ill and can't travel is one thing but not having a passport, come on, you can get one if needed in a day or two.
Only knowing Andy though CEO and then meeting a few times in person he was a kind person who deeply loved his wife, may they be together again.
I was of the same understanding, unfortunately I saw that it was today too late to go 🙁
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I once had a passport picture made in Pp and they put a suit and tie under my head shot too
I didn’t use it for my passport or save it for my funeral , I doubt I will have a funeral
Where do obituaries come from ? Not from here it seems .
Back where I am from when someone dies there is an obituary ,
A few times I been to the hospital here I get checked in with my passport but they never use my family name ,
they use the easier of my first and middle names , so
If I died and it was reported they wouldn’t have the name right .
Nobody would know it was me and I might still keep receiving my pension 🤷🏾‍♂️
( unless it was reported to my embassy )
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Aimsley
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Aimsley »

atst wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:44 pm Bugger I missed again, I was of the impression Andy was cremated on the 5th so stopped following this thread. I would have loved to attend the cremation being in Phnom Penh now, hopefully he wasn't alone.
In the UK its not that easy to get a passport in a day or two, plus as I'd already said we didn't have the funds for that or even to travel. We was very lucky he'd made arrangements with usha prior and she's been an absolute god send. When I spoke to him in April after he lost nak he said he was going to travel a short time then come home to us, oh I wish he did come home 💔
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Would you please stop bashing Andy’s kids, they’ve just lost their dad for god’s sake.
Show some compassion!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Let's just say that everybody deals with this kind of thing in their own way, depending on the situation.

When my mother died I just sighed at how her life was never great and cried for 5 minutes after I did everything that I could, only being 100 km away and having the means to grab the reins.

When my son died, I hadn't spoke to him for 5 years. Family politics. I cried for 5 minutes after finding out 1 month later.

When and if my wife dies before me, I'll absolutely lose it, and probably find it hard not to just kill myself too.

Different strokes, different folks. Different circumstances.

Good work Richard, Rozzie and some others. Sorry for those who were truly close to this man.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Tootsfriend wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:55 am I know it's probably another stupid idea, but I think we should discuss wether a type of fund like a '' CEO Insurance '' scheme is set up where members can contribute a small amount monthly on a regular basis so that there is no need for someone to run around begging for donations whenever there is a emergency or accident. Mod's could probably have the rights to control the funds.
"contribute a small amount monthly on a regular basis so that there is no need for someone to run around begging for donations whenever there is a emergency or accident" ....sounds like a great idea. But, I think it's already been thought of and formalized - its called health insurance. This is the #1 lesson learned from this tragedy for all of us living here. RIP Andy.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Locked Previous topicNext topic