It happened; RIP AndyKK

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: It could just happen

Post by rozzieoz »

Aimsley wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:20 pm I'm still waiting for embassy to call me but usha is in touch and I've since found out that my dad had made arrangements with her and transferred her the monies to do so, she is been absolutely amazing and is carrying out my dad's wishes. I believe he will be cremated tomorrow. I just wish I could have done more. I'm am forever grateful for usha who has stayed with him and doing all this, she is one amazing lady @phuketrichard if you could please let her know this. I'm also grateful for your help especially trying to call the embassy all morning and everything else. Also shout out to @rozzieoz you've all been great. Thank you so much for everyone's condolences, it warms me that my dad was part of a very supportive forum and made many friends.
You're very welcome.
Many forum members also donated money when your dad couldn't access his bank account, I am really grateful to them. If you want a list of who gave what, I can get that to you.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

I hope that Andy has taught many of us a lesson. RIP

He's is probably enjoying his first heavenly curry right now...
work is for people who cant find truffles
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

truffledog wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:48 pm I hope that Andy has taught many of us a lesson. RIP

He's is probably enjoying his first heavenly curry right now...
This has been a difficult thread to follow over the last few weeks. I think we've all put ourselves in Andy's shoes at some point and wondered how we'd cope in his situation. He was clearly a fighter and never seemed to give up hope.

Having the help around him that he did, I'm sure, made this ordeal much more bearable for him, so I'll just add my tiny voice to the chorus of praise going out to those who took the time, money and effort to make sure he was more than well cared for than he otherwise could have been.

RIP Andy.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Amy, my condolences.
I hope everyone on this forum will take a moment to go back to Andy's original post on this thread and read the last sentence. I think his posting on here, and the resulting thread, has taught us all a very valuable lesson.
Thank you Andy and RIP
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:11 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:36 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:07 pm
Are you in PP at the moment?
im not unfortunately im in England for the next month or 2
No worries, see you when you get back.
I’m going to power through PTSD and go and sit with Andy for a while tomorrow afternoon. All I can do is hold his hand and let him know we are thinking about him.
yeah wish i was there to help in person
Andy told me how much you helped him with Nak. He really appreciates your support.
Miss you!
damn this is very sad news, :cry: RIP buddy, you was a true gent with a pure heart!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 am I never met Andy in person but he was a true gentleman on this forum. Condolences to the family.

RIP Andy
iirc, i do believe you have met him without realising once or twice, when hes come to meet me for a few afternoon beverages
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: It happened; RIP AndyKK

Post by General Mackevili »

Rest in peace, Andy, and condolences to his family and friends who knew him better. This was very sad to watch. My heart dropped when I first saw his hospital pic, as I assumed (probably like others) it could end badly. Andy shared a lot with us, and it was heart breaking to watch earlier this year when his lover passed away, and now this. Our community will miss him.

It was extremely kind of all of you who helped behind the scenes, and especially so to Richard and Rozzieoz who really spent a lot of time doing their best to help out a fellow expat in dire need. That must have been a very frustrating situation.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I know it's probably another stupid idea, but I think we should discuss wether a type of fund like a '' CEO Insurance '' scheme is set up where members can contribute a small amount monthly on a regular basis so that there is no need for someone to run around begging for donations whenever there is a emergency or accident. Mod's could probably have the rights to control the funds.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I am very sad to hear this. Rest in peace and my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cremation at 11, kids never bothered travelling over and Usha did it all on her own:
he had a good run and it was cut short

in better times
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Locked Previous topicNext topic