It happened; RIP AndyKK

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: It could just happen

Post by phuketrichard »

Anyone have contact for the uk embassy in PP
i've been calling since there opening at 9 am and nobody picks up the fucking phone t the number on their website
was able to contact via the emergency number the uk in london who took down all the info at 8 am our time
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

R.I.P. mate
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 am Anyone have contact for the uk embassy in PP
i've been calling since there opening at 9 am and nobody picks up the fucking phone t the number on their website
was able to contact via the emergency number the uk in london who took down all the info at 8 am our time
If I were you I would inform @Aimsley and leave it to her / them. I think they can get through to the embassy easier than you, plus, at the end of the day they have to decide what and when from now on I guess.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Condolences to Family and Friends.

Sad to hear this.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:48 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 am Anyone have contact for the uk embassy in PP
If I were you I would inform @Aimsley and leave it to her / them. I think they can get through to the embassy easier than you, plus, at the end of the day they have to decide what and when from now on I guess.
Easier said than done. Poor Usha is at the hospital still (and doesn't know what to do), the hospital want Andy out of there ASAP, Aimsley has no idea how things work here (and neither do I in this situation) and Richard is doing his best to help.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:02 am
Easier said than done. Poor Usha is at the hospital still (and doesn't know what to do), the hospital want Andy out of there ASAP, Aimsley has no idea how things work here (and neither do I in this situation) and Richard is doing his best to help.
spoke with her, told her get on a plane< her contact "Rose" in the uk doesn't report to work for 5 hours>
i did speak with someone in the uk via their emergency number so they have been informed.
Usha is at a loss, Andy left her a little cash for things.
there putting him in a container till........
i told her pack her bag and leave before they start asking for $$$$

why doesn't the embassy answer their phone???

what a fucked situation
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:06 am i told her pack her bag and leave before they start asking for $$$$

why doesn't the embassy answer their phone???

what a fucked situation
I told her the same thing, there's nothing more she can do for Andy.
The embassy needs to step in.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:02 am
I understand everyone is doing their best to help, but sometimes that's counterproductive. I would think the hospital has dealt with a situation like this before, and so does the embassy. Aimsley has no idea how things here work but she has access to more than just the general phone number of the embassy in Phnom Penh. If I were Usha I would leave the hospital and either go home, or stay around in Phnom Penh in case family comes over.

Anyway, the embassy lists this number in case of a death:

Did you use those @phuketrichard?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I never met Andy in person but he was a true gentleman on this forum. Condolences to the family.

RIP Andy
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 am I never met Andy in person but he was a true gentleman on this forum. Condolences to the family.

RIP Andy
Should we start a new topic?
Locked Previous topicNext topic