It happened; RIP AndyKK

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: It could just happen

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 am
AndyKK wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:02 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:16 pm
violet wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:46 pm
truffledog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:30 pm
Had forgotten about that. If it’s not been elaborated on before now, I guess it won’t be
Go through the thread, and connect the dots. There's arrows showing the road.
Sorry but this is from you, the person that said I don't need to stay in hospital for the oxygen.
Sorry Andy, comprehensive reading has apparently become a sin now.

About the oxygen, I have a different recollection, but that's not important now.
Just be careful what you share here, I think you might have shared more than you're aware off and if that's unintentional then it's not a good thing.

Looking back, instead of posting the above publicly I should have PM'ed it. Lesson learned.
Please, no need for apologies, I too am in the wrong, I value your opinion just the same has other members it's good to see remarks and questions, some time they can be easy missed.
If I have gone too personal with the thread, it is not intentionally, but I wanted the thread to have meaning, but I was hoping it may help someone if they found themselves in a similar situation.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Andy you have certainly motivated me to work out a way to access my $$ if I was to end up in your situation, as for which hospital or doctors, like being at the mercy of the system if you're on your own and not much you can do about that.
I think others are also using your thread for some important thoughts if something happens, thanks & see ya soon.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

violet wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:41 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:05 am
violet wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:31 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:16 pm
violet wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:46 pm

Had forgotten about that. If it’s not been elaborated on before now, I guess it won’t be
Go through the thread, and connect the dots. There's arrows showing the road.
I’d actually connected dots even before Phuket posted that comment. But, without offical confirmation from the individual involved, whatever the reasons for not doing so, all I have is guess work. Which is fine but I respond to what he chooses to share.

I’d forgotten about the other stuff temporarily - no idea why. Maybe simply because it’s failed to be mentioned
You are just being very nosey, don't forget my back injury that seems to be preventing me from walking.
If you saw my previous post Andy, I apologise. Instead of responding maturely and (as pointed out) compassionately, I responded with the hurt of my inner child.

In an attempt to fix a misunderstanding, I will post one final time about this perception I was being nosey.
I wasn’t being nosey. Far from it.
Reading posts here I thought that…
1. There was a communication problem with doctors
2. You were not clear on what the virus in your blood was and why that meant you had to be on oxygen.
3. You had pneumonia.

My response was to say …. I am not medically trained but if it helps I do know that pneumonia can spread to the blood and I do know cell function can be affected because they don’t get enough oxygen.
I thought maybe it was worth sharing that incase it helped your next talk with the Dr at your hospital. My intention was to positively contribute. Maybe my comment was not of help but just incase, I helped in the way I felt I could.

After I commented, someone else resurrected a post from early in this thread by Richard. I responded to say I was not guessing what else might be wrong with you and commented on what you shared.

Attacks then caused me to say more.

I apologise for the misunderstanding.
I apologise for my response to misunderstanding and public attacks

I hope you continue to improve
No need for the apologies violet, I have said above it's the input that members put in to the thread, some of the answers can be questionable at times, but that is not always a bad thing. My problem mainly is concentration, with medicine and treatment, mental state if you like.
I have 3 grown up children, this morning I talked to my daughter for the first time about the situation.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

atst wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:09 am Andy you have certainly motivated me to work out a way to access my $$ if I was to end up in your situation, as for which hospital or doctors, like being at the mercy of the system if you're on your own and not much you can do about that.
I think others are also using your thread for some important thoughts if something happens, thanks & see ya soon.
For the large modern private hospital's in the city, best have a insurance plan in place. Don't forget one of the hospitals were my first point of call, they basically treated me wrong, damaging my nerves, resulting in me unable to walk. Also the hospital is the sister hospital to the Russian friendship hospital. What you need to know is if they can treat the illness you may have.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Not at all fishing for info incase anyone thinks so - just want to express I hope the conversation with your daughter provided some comfort to you.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

[quote=violet post_id=562980 time=1663902772 user_id=244]
Not at all fishing for info incase anyone thinks so - just want to express I hope the conversation with your daughter provided some comfort to you.
[/quote]
I have mainly been talking with my older son, at the time I didn't want to worry my daughter. The conversation was nice, and she needed to know about the situation, obviously better that it comes from myself than anyone else.

My daughter sent me this link -

Flight with Etihad
Medical assistant
https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/manage/spe ... assistance

This is the airline I usually use from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi then Manchester, over all the flights work out to be 17 hours.

The doctor saw me today, the expensive medicine stopped yesterday, and I am getting some free med's from the hospital, but I do have the IV pain relief to still pay for! The last 3 days have been difficult situation, with pain all throughout my body, I opted to have tramadol injection's, along with the paracetamol IV drip.

I will be having a blood test in 10 days time to assess the virus. I was told in the beginning that the treatment will be a long drawn out process
The thing is now to relax and keep taking the oxygen, also I have been eating well, but I seem to have started losing weight once again.
Also like mentioned sometimes there is problem's with the language, the problem I have is what we find a simple process, but I find that the doctor's can't, or do the words of the illness, do they differ from English and Khmer, my language skills are very basic, but my helper can hold a conversation in Khmer, but to tell me what are problem's are in English is difficult for her.
The e illness it's self, pneumonia, chest infection, body pain, concentration, obviously I will have à few issue with the thoughts, (basically mental health) but I will keep looking with a positive view.
Exercise, my helper, helps me, with this, such has I can't move my legs, so she will work the movement of the leg's. I have trouble moving in general, I can move my arms and shoulders my head but that's it at this point. I have my lower back cleaned twice per day, that hurt's like hell.
That's a run down of the situation has it stands at this time.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Omg Andy I am so sorry you're having such a rough time.
I have a fridge full of cupcakes, I'll send some over on Monday with lots of healing wishes.
That's the best I can do for you, I wish I could do more!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

A link for information on bedsores xx

https://www.suvitas.com/services/bedsore-management/
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

[quote=violet post_id=563181 time=1663991765 user_id=244]
A link for information on bedsores xx

https://www.suvitas.com/services/bedsore-management/
[/quote]
Okay now I can speak of the other problem now it's been confirmed and it is now being treated, I also understand the doctor about the virus in the blood, my late partner was in the same situation, because I had her tested from one hospital to the next, she came in contact when she had fluid drained from her liver. I suspect I have been subject to similar situation due to it being a common problem in
Cambodia due to poor medical conditions (unclean needles).
So I have unfortunately HIV, I will have blood tests in, ten days time to assess updates of the situation, mainly the situation of the virus, if it has gone the doctor will do the necessary paperwork to allow me to travel and be allowed into my own country.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

That's more bad news. Hopefully they can get the viral load down and your immune system up but it might take a while.
Locked Previous topicNext topic