It happened; RIP AndyKK

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: It could just happen

Post by AndyKK »

violet wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:31 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:16 pm
violet wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:46 pm
truffledog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:30 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:15 pm
I will leave it up to Andy to tell what he has, but its more than just Pneumonia
Had forgotten about that. If it’s not been elaborated on before now, I guess it won’t be
Go through the thread, and connect the dots. There's arrows showing the road.
I’d actually connected dots even before Phuket posted that comment. But, without offical confirmation from the individual involved, whatever the reasons for not doing so, all I have is guess work. Which is fine but I respond to what he chooses to share.

I’d forgotten about the other stuff temporarily - no idea why. Maybe simply because it’s failed to be mentioned
You are just being very nosey, don't forget my back injury that seems to be preventing me from walking.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:05 am
Had forgotten about that. If it’s not been elaborated on before now, I guess it won’t be
I’d actually connected dots even before Phuket posted that comment. But, without offical confirmation from the individual involved, whatever the reasons for not doing so, all I have is guess work. Which is fine but I respond to what he chooses to share.

I’d forgotten about the other stuff temporarily - no idea why. Maybe simply because it’s failed to be mentioned
You are just being very nosey, don't forget my back injury that seems to be preventing me from walking.
My point was I was NOT being nosey. My point was that I did not elude to anything else like Richard did- I even commented in a post vote to him when he eluded that he just can’t help himself. My point was that when truffledog brought it up my responses have not been based on anything you have not shared. But go ahead - call *ME* out as being nosey when I wasn’t, while ignoring Richard and truffledog. [Mod edit: come on, no need for that added offensive language here- deleted]
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Alluded not eluded. The shame
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

AndyKK wrote:

Isn’t it enough that he’s sick?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

If all you’re doing is gossiping and bickering, you’re not helping Andy in any way, shape or form.

Please spare Andy this shit and step away from this conversation.
Last edited by rozzieoz on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:12 pm An emergency loan for repatriation: is only considered if you are destitute and you have no assets or support from friends, families and charities, (you will have to provide proofs for that)
This is the first I've heard of this, I thought the British Embassy offered no assistance to those wanting to return home & are in financial difficulties w/ no options? New policy? or the strictest of selection processes, so much so that no one has ever actually been repatriated using this emergency loan?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Unlike some people I quietly help people financially in the background. When people declare their help publicly, it’s easy for people to form different opinions.

On this occasion I chose not to financially assist in the background
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:02 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:15 pm
I will leave it up to Andy to tell what he has, but its more than just Pneumonia
Sorry but this is from you, the person that said I don't need to stay in hospital for the oxygen.
Sorry Andy, comprehensive reading has apparently become a sin now.

About the oxygen, I have a different recollection, but that's not important now.
Just be careful what you share here, I think you might have shared more than you're aware off and if that's unintentional then it's not a good thing.

Looking back, instead of posting the above publicly I should have PM'ed it. Lesson learned.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:05 am

If you saw my previous post Andy, I apologise. Instead of responding maturely and (as pointed out) compassionately, I responded with the hurt of my inner child.

In an attempt to fix a misunderstanding, I will post one final time about this perception I was being nosey.
I wasn’t being nosey. Far from it.
Reading posts here I thought that…
1. There was a communication problem with doctors
2. You were not clear on what the virus in your blood was and why that meant you had to be on oxygen.
3. You had pneumonia.

My response was to say …. I am not medically trained but if it helps I do know that pneumonia can spread to the blood and I do know cell function can be affected because they don’t get enough oxygen.
I thought maybe it was worth sharing that incase it helped your next talk with the Dr at your hospital. My intention was to positively contribute. Maybe my comment was not of help but just incase, I helped in the way I felt I could.

After I commented, someone else resurrected a post from early in this thread by Richard. I responded to say I was not guessing what else might be wrong with you and commented on what you shared.

Attacks then caused me to say more.

I apologise for the misunderstanding.
I apologise for my response to misunderstanding and public attacks

I hope you continue to improve
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I’m blocking you for apologising too much Violet.

:Yahoo!:
People of the world, spice up your life.
Locked Previous topicNext topic