Opinions, strong opinions, and bigotry

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Opinions, strong opinions, and bigotry

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

hdgh29 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:12 pm The term Woke... Even if they still look like front-row forwards.
If they still look like props in KoW, they tend to settle for being dikes, and run the girls in the bars.

Some of them are like second rowers: They are tall, and I'm sure there are similarities with the way rugby players, in the same position, packed down in a scrum.

They have never formed a team because they all want to be hookers, and the selectors positional list shows nobody on their backs, except for inside center.

They also had a lot of injuries when they were asked to see who was the best at kicking balls.

Not that there's anything wrong with any of that.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
NotYourUncle
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by NotYourUncle »

xandreu wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:08 pm At the risk of derailing the thread further, there is no genetic or natural reason for any one country to have more 'ladyboys' than any other.
As I understand, it has a lot to do with the fact that in this part of the world many couples have an insane amount of children. The level of testosterone a mother passes on to a child decreases with every sprog she pops out. By about the 4th/5th the chances of them being gay increases dramatically. Africa and the Middle East probably have just as many large families, but differences in the way society/the law views it will definitely keep them in a shoe box in a cupboard under the stairs.
pronouns- it/that
as quite obviously, I identify as a f***ing watermelon
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

NotYourUncle wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:17 pm
xandreu wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:08 pm At the risk of derailing the thread further, there is no genetic or natural reason for any one country to have more 'ladyboys' than any other.
As I understand, it has a lot to do with the fact that in this part of the world many couples have an insane amount of children. The level of testosterone a mother passes on to a child decreases with every sprog she pops out. By about the 4th/5th the chances of them being gay increases dramatically. Africa and the Middle East probably have just as many large families, but differences in the way society/the law views it will definitely keep them in a shoe box in a cupboard under the stairs.
what fucking BS!!! :facepalm: :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

??????
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

As I will now demonstrably show I don't understand, it has a lot to do with the fact that in this part of the world many couples have an insane amount of children. The level of testosterone a mother passes on to a child decreases with every sprog she pops out. By about the 4th/5th the chances of them being gay increases dramatically. Africa and the Middle East probably have just as many large families, but differences in the way society/the law views it will definitely keep them in a shoe box in a cupboard under the stairs.
Ftfy
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:18 am
what fucking BS!!! :facepalm: :facepalm:
Well at least he has provided us with a text book example of uninformed bigotry! :plus1:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's the sort of garbage you'd expect from a Mullah in Pakistan or a televangelist in Alabama. :facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

I have read the testosterone data before and it does not looks conclusive or convincing. Other studies indicate that childhood sexual abuse is a greater predictor of adult homosexuality.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3535560/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9127231/

(Aren't we discussing opinions? Weird tangent.)
WillieW
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by WillieW »

I always just thought they were wired wrong.
Be your own toy.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

NotYourUncle wrote:
I’ve read some crap on this forum but this comment has to win a bullshit award.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic