ScoMo's secret ministries

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ScoMo's secret ministries

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:01 pm Imagine looking at Scott Morrison, even if you never heard of him or knew what he was about, and thinking "yeah I think I'll vote for this dickhead"
This was the choice in 2019:

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:48 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:01 pm Imagine looking at Scott Morrison, even if you never heard of him or knew what he was about, and thinking "yeah I think I'll vote for this dickhead"
This was the choice in 2019:

holy hairlines batman!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

No doubt this will be milked for what it's worth..

PM’s Morrison inquiry comes with its own mysteries

Anthony Albanese’s decision to announce an inquiry into Scott Morrison’s secret ministries has generated more questions than it has answered.

Now there are mysteries about how these ministerial mysteries will be investigated.

There are no terms of reference yet, the eminent person to helm the probe has not been identified, and it’s unclear whether the inquiry will have the power to compel Morrison, members of his former office, staff from the department of prime minister and cabinet or the governor-general’s office to appear.

While we now know why Morrison was secretly appointed to the health portfolio (to provide back up on biosecurity laws during the pandemic) and why he took on resources - to kill the PEP-11 gas exploration permit - we still don’t know why he felt the need for secret authority over finance, treasury and home affairs.

Nor is it clear why Governor-General David Hurley - who acted within the rules, according to the Solicitor-General Stephen Donaghue - wasn’t even a little curious as to why Morrison’s administrative appointments weren’t made public.

The solicitor-general argued that while the process was entirely legal, the principle of responsible government was “fundamentally undermined” by the former PM’s actions. Now Albanese wants an inquiry by an eminent person with a legal background.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politi ... 5bc6t.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic