The Progressive Left ... Racism but different ....

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The Progressive Left ... Racism but different ....

Post by Big Daikon »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 am A picture of a few hundred white people with one person holding a sign saying there should be more colored teachers.

That's honestly just terrible and I'm sorry you had to see that :( Clearly they are promoting white genocide and quite frankly I think they should all be arrested, possibly shot.
Troll recognizes troll. Much respect.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:52 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:45 am
I see teacher's protesting for smaller classes, higher wages and some music for all. The racist bastards!

Too lazy to read the article I provided that lays it all out ?

Just looking at a photo and making decisions about serious issues without any information to back up your preconceived notions .... no wonder the world is such a mess .... no matter the subject too many folks are happy NOT to find out what it is they are talking about, and if they do scratch the surface they are happy to dismiss any information that doesn’t coincide with their preferred world view.
You know what they say, a picture says more than a hundred words....
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:09 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:47 am
Cold summers there by the way.
Again more concerned with the photo the publishers used than the subject matter being discussed ..... :facepalm:
Did you read it? You seem to be a really woke person caring more about the fuss and the noise than the facts.
This 'new agreement' isn't about race, it's an attempt to get rid of the old seniority system. That in itself isn't a bad thing. Instead of sacking the young ones first they're looking for new criteria. Personal I would have chosen 'teaching quality' as the criteria but instead the incapable managers (ate there capable managers in education?) chose 'underrepresented'. Not color, not race, but underrepresented.
Now that's not a bad thing in itself too. In my world 50% of the people I know are female and 50% are male. Roughly. But in my country in primary education about 10% of the teachers are male. Women are overrepresented, men are underrepresented Now that's undesirable, so they try to do something about it. In secondary education teachers with a uni-grade are underrepresented, so they try to do something about it.

There you have it, shades of grey from someone with some background knowledge in education

Now stir again where it stinks. And after that you maybe can to enlighten us about a Cambodian topic? After all this forum isn't about trolling about political opposites but about Cambodia.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Daily mail true to form :plus1:

The Daily Mail has ‘mastered the art of running stories that aren’t true’, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales says

Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales has slammed British newspaper The Daily Mail, accusing it of publishing fake news articles and “hyped up” headlines.

Speaking to CNBC on Friday, Wales, who has started up a new site called Wikitribune to tackle the problem of fake news, took aim at the Mail.

“I think what they’ve done brilliantly in this ad funded world (is) they’ve mastered the art of click bait, they’ve mastered the art of hyped up headlines, they’ve also mastered the art of, I’m sad to say, of running stories that simply aren’t true,” Wales told CNBC Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales has slammed British newspaper The Daily Mail, accusing it of publishing fake news articles and “hyped up” headlines.

Speaking to CNBC on Friday, Wales, who has started up a new site called Wikitribune to tackle the problem of fake news, took aim at the Mail.

“I think what they’ve done brilliantly in this ad funded world (is) they’ve mastered the art of click bait, they’ve mastered the art of hyped up headlines, they’ve also mastered the art of, I’m sad to say, of running stories that simply aren’t true,” Wales told CNBC in a TV interview

“And that’s why Wikipedia decided not to accept them as a source anymore. It’s very problematic, they get very upset when we say this, but it’s just fact, so there you go.”

In February, Wikipedia, the site which allows community members to contribute entries, banned the Daily Mail from being cited as a source on its pages, deeming the publication to be “generally unreliable”.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/19/daily-m ... ibune.html
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:04 am
Again more concerned with the photo the publishers used than the subject matter being discussed ..... :facepalm:
Did you read it? You seem to be a really woke person caring more about the fuss and the noise than the facts.
This 'new agreement' isn't about race, it's an attempt to get rid of the old seniority system. That in itself isn't a bad thing. Instead of sacking the young ones first they're looking for new criteria. Personal I would have chosen 'teaching quality' as the criteria but instead the incapable managers (ate there capable managers in education?) chose 'underrepresented'. Not color, not race, but underrepresented.
Now that's not a bad thing in itself too. In my world 50% of the people I know are female and 50% are male. Roughly. But in my country in primary education about 10% of the teachers are male. Women are overrepresented, men are underrepresented Now that's undesirable, so they try to do something about it. In secondary education teachers with a uni-grade are underrepresented, so they try to do something about it.

There you have it, shades of grey from someone with some background knowledge in education

Now stir again where it stinks. And after that you maybe can to enlighten us about a Cambodian topic? After all this forum isn't about trolling about political opposites but about Cambodia.
So it’s better to get rid of older people, who already have a problem being hired due to ageism?
Hiring and firing should be based on a persons qualifications and ability/willingness to do the job.
And just a reminder, this post is in the CEO section titled “The rest of the world”
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 am

So it’s better to get rid of older people, who already have a problem being hired due to ageism?
Hiring and firing should be based on a persons qualifications and ability/willingness to do the job.
And just a reminder, this post is in the CEO section titled “The rest of the world”
For the sake of education it's likely way better to get rid of average older teachers who are stuck in their ways in favor of younger teachers with fresh ideas and more energy. The older generation can come to Cambodia and teach English online, problem solved.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Please read again, thoroughly, and then if you have questions I'm delighted to answer any. Wait, I'll highlight some for you. Look for the part in italic.

And I am sorry for asking for a contribution about Cambodia. That was an unreasonable request since this forum has a 'rest of the World' section. Unfortunately this section is in heavy use by people trying to push their political agenda while contributing little to nothing to the main subject of this forum - Cambodia. But hey, I'm not infringing anyone's rights, just had the indecency to ask for a contribution about Cambodia.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:47 am

Please read again, thoroughly, and then if you have questions I'm delighted to answer any. Wait, I'll highlight some for you. Look for the part in italic.

And I am sorry for asking for a contribution about Cambodia. That was an unreasonable request since this forum has a 'rest of the World' section. Unfortunately this section is in heavy use by people trying to push their political agenda while contributing little to nothing to the main subject of this forum - Cambodia. But hey, I'm not infringing anyone's rights, just had the indecency to ask for a contribution about Cambodia.
My bad regarding your first point.
Your second point not so much, if your only interested in things Cambodian, you can always opt not to click on the ROTW.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:44 am

For the sake of education it's likely way better to get rid of average older teachers who are stuck in their ways in favor of younger teachers with fresh ideas and more energy. The older generation can come to Cambodia and teach English online, problem solved.
You know who they should get rid of first, the “teachers” who think their students knowing all about their “special genders” is more important than teaching them how to read and write.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

I've spoken before of the Pyramid of Untouchability.

Here again it rears its ugly head .... Persecuting someone's employability is ok so long as they're white .... This does not constitute racism in some minds ....

Scary knowing some here have kids and brag about participating in their education through 'home schooling' .... What great role models you represent .... Champions of taking from both sides of the mouth simultaneously.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic