Phnom Penh: Mobile App for Fully Digital Hotel Stay

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Re: Phnom Penh: Mobile App for Fully Digital Hotel Stay

Post by rogerrabbit »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:19 pm Not so good if your phone is lost or the battery dies while you are out.
How about if your key is lost? Or if you happen to leave it in room when you leave?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rogerrabbit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:50 pm If it's done correctly it's much less hassle than a key card. You don't need to take phone out of your pocket even, because the lock will sense that you are near the door and unlock it for you. I'm just happy to have less stuff to forget and to have in my pockets.

That's how it works with my Airbnb apartment's smart lock too. If guest wants to download the app, they don't need a traditional key or even touch the phone to get in.
Does it work with Bluetooth or thought the phone's RFC chip?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:00 pm
rogerrabbit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:50 pm If it's done correctly it's much less hassle than a key card. You don't need to take phone out of your pocket even, because the lock will sense that you are near the door and unlock it for you. I'm just happy to have less stuff to forget and to have in my pockets.

That's how it works with my Airbnb apartment's smart lock too. If guest wants to download the app, they don't need a traditional key or even touch the phone to get in.
Does it work with Bluetooth or thought the phone's RFC chip?
Bluetooth. Can also use the traditional key, pin code through browser or can unlock remotely via the app.

My guest at check in use the pin code via browser method (if they don't download the app, which 95% of the guest don't) or if they have old phone they send me message and I open remotely via the app. Then they can get the key from inside the apartment. From then on it's up to them which way they want to enter the apartment, with a key, app, or using the pin code. Cleaners and maintenance guys use pin code to enter. And all the pin codes and app users are automatically created when booking is made and destroyed once they check out. I love it.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’ve seen at the super luxurious resort locations guests fill out a super detailed questionnaire and ship their vacation’s worth of clothes before they leave.

On arrival, guests have all their clothes hung, washed, pressed and ready to go. Have exactly the drink and food they want, all the excursions they want already set up.

I’m sure an app (with geofencing) probably let the resort let you know you’ve arrived, check you in, and get the drink you want. Just walk to the door and it opens, leave and it locks.

Like the key fobs on the new cars now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic