Cambodian Road Rules: Who Goes First at Intersections ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian Road Rules: Who Goes First at Intersections ?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Who knows the answer to the question : "Who goes first" ? Nokorwat News is here to help with this guide.

Get to know the priority at the intersection with the traffic sign "Stop"
Phnom Penh: According to a source from the Ministry of Public Works and Transport, said on Saturday, August 13, 2022: If you encounter a traffic situation as shown in the icon below, which vehicle should you give permission to go first?
According to the Ministry of Public Works, drivers need to understand the right of way at intersections and be careful when driving to avoid accidents and congestion when traveling on public roads.
nokorwatnews.com

CEO News suggests: Whatever the situation, proceed with caution.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Cambodian Road Rules: Who Goes First at Intersections ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Me ! Of course. (I am replying for 99% of the population - locals and expats alike.) :mrgreen:

But seriously ? Biggest vehicle wins every time.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:07 am Me ! Of course. (I am replying for 99% of the population - locals and expats alike.) :mrgreen:

you forgot
bigministryofnotcrashingintostuff wrote: According to the Ministry... drivers need to understand the right of way at intersections and be careful when driving to avoid accidents
Winning isn't everything, according to some sources. Just like coming 2nd may not be cause for celebration*

*unless she's particularly demanding.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I must be mentally challenged. What does this mean ?
According to the Ministry of Public Works, drivers need to understand the right of way at intersections and be careful when driving...
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:17 am I must be mentally challenged. What does this mean ?
According to the Ministry of Public Works, drivers need to understand the right of way at intersections and be careful when driving...
It means "don't crash"
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:07 am Me ! Of course. (I am replying for 99% of the population - locals and expats alike.) :mrgreen:

Oh, so that was you, was it?
You might have a BIG vehicle mate, but my car is more expensive.
Expensive equals more high level connections.
Don't forget it.
You're lucky I didn't AK you there and then.
Now, move your BIG piece of trash aside so I can get to the noodle shop.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Eyes wide open motherfucker wins
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

In cambodia, the #1 big truck which supposed to go first would always be the last to go while #3 goes ahead of #1. #4 would be #1 to go first because it is bad arse car while #2 have to give way.
Here people locals alway think turning right is tgeir right of way, F off especialky when at traffic lights junction where green light is right of way.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

2-4-3-1
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

In my experience on Asian roads, it doesn't matter who was right or wrong, what counts is who will end up having to pay when the police arrive. It's usually the driver with the less expensive car because less money, fewer connections etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic