Returning to Cambodia after plandemic

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Re: Returning to Cambodia after plandemic

Post by Apexisto »

Seems like the only option is to fly to Vietnam and take a bus to Phnom Penh.

In Vietnam, there is no need for testing and less mask mandates in air planes.¨

If I flew via Thailand, Asian air companies have such crazy mask mandates so that's bad. Fortunately I am exempted from masks.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Apexisto wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:26 pm Seems like the only option is to fly to Vietnam and take a bus to Phnom Penh.

If I flew via Thailand, Asian air companies have such crazy mask mandates so that's bad. Fortunately I am exempted from masks.
I flew with Vietnam Airlines not long ago and masks are mandatory both at the airport and onboard the plane. And I have a feeling (hope) that they do not much care about your exemption.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:55 am No, plandemic is a word used by conspiracy theorists.
I have heard from several sources that the aliens have a hand in this (or whatever they have as hands). Must be true, I saw it on Youtube!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Apexisto wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:26 pm Seems like the only option is to fly to Vietnam and take a bus to Phnom Penh.

If the wearing of masks is such a big concern to you, why do you want to leave the relative comfort and freedom afforded by your medical condition to come to a country that you expressed such negative views on?
Was your mask exemption approved and signed by the governments of Cambodia, of the potential air carriers that you might use, and the countries that you might transit?
Crazy, excessive or otherwise- rules of carriage.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:45 am At the risk of stating the obvious, the world is going through some serious upheaval.
Previously, your view in Cambodia amounted to-
Apexisto wrote: Thank god I flew away from that shitty country last week.
Apexisto (again) wrote: LOL. So fucking Cambodians ...
But now you desperately want to get back, to have fun (maybe hide in a darkened room and play sim city, too)
Are you off your meds? Are you the type that refuses to take their meds? You seem to have some very conflicting and mutually exclusive views about the place.
Apexisto wrote:
Goodbye Cambodia. Cambodia started the way of communism and totalitarianism again, hopefully those criminals answer in Hage the crimes against humanity by enforcing such draconian measures. Hopefully, somebody knows how to bribe those arseholes so a free, sovereign man like me can be free when I come to Cambodia.

There was a reason to fly away from a country that cannot supply electricity for their common people on constant bases. Usually, let them do folly for themselves but now they want to give folly, enslavement and incarnation for foreigners, there's a little difference on that.

And folly for them, I would have had good times in Siam Reap in bars and having fun so I take my liberties and riches to countries that really benefit from them.

Well, time to fly then to Sweden and from there to Belarussia then. Visa free, free countries and no idiots wanting to put me to prison just because I exercise my inherited rights to be free.

From Reason, From God, from Learning the higher truths of this world. Liberty is sacred and it ought to be one of the highest guiding principles in the kingdom of human beings. Without it, we will have anarchy and madness like right now. When nations start to forgot their higher principles, they will get rotten and die from the inside. Even reason dictates that a man ought to be free or unless he does not give the same right to the others, he will be enslaved.

God and Reason are interconnected, well, one can define God in many ways, but for me pure reason comes from the God. I worship reason, love, and other virtues and they are for me God.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:15 pm
Freightdog wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:45 am At the risk of stating the obvious, the world is going through some serious upheaval.
Previously, your view in Cambodia amounted to-
Apexisto wrote: Thank god I flew away from that shitty country last week.
Apexisto (again) wrote: LOL. So fucking Cambodians ...
But now you desperately want to get back, to have fun (maybe hide in a darkened room and play sim city, too)
Are you off your meds? Are you the type that refuses to take their meds? You seem to have some very conflicting and mutually exclusive views about the place.
Apexisto wrote:
Goodbye Cambodia. Cambodia started the way of communism and totalitarianism again, hopefully those criminals answer in Hage the crimes against humanity by enforcing such draconian measures. Hopefully, somebody knows how to bribe those arseholes so a free, sovereign man like me can be free when I come to Cambodia.

There was a reason to fly away from a country that cannot supply electricity for their common people on constant bases. Usually, let them do folly for themselves but now they want to give folly, enslavement and incarnation for foreigners, there's a little difference on that.

And folly for them, I would have had good times in Siam Reap in bars and having fun so I take my liberties and riches to countries that really benefit from them.

Well, time to fly then to Sweden and from there to Belarussia then. Visa free, free countries and no idiots wanting to put me to prison just because I exercise my inherited rights to be free.

From Reason, From God, from Learning the higher truths of this world. Liberty is sacred and it ought to be one of the highest guiding principles in the kingdom of human beings. Without it, we will have anarchy and madness like right now. When nations start to forgot their higher principles, they will get rotten and die from the inside. Even reason dictates that a man ought to be free or unless he does not give the same right to the others, he will be enslaved.

God and Reason are interconnected, well, one can define God in many ways, but for me pure reason comes from the God. I worship reason, love, and other virtues and they are for me God.
Sounds like an absolute nutter
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Apexisto wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:18 pm Hi,

I would like to return to Cambodia since I left in 2020 and I was unable to return to this country due to restrictions. I wonder it is possible to go back to this country or is there some extra hoops that I need to overcome?

What air companies are traveling to Cambodia without any mask policies? I do have a mask exemption from the doctor but dealing the air companies even with that document is still difficult.

There is no need to testing and visa on arrival? Is it possible to get a business visa just like before?

I wonder if I just contacted the air companies about my mask exemption and then just flew to Cambodia via Thailand and then use my contacts to turn my visa into yearly visa etc.
There's this new tool out there I have heard about....Google.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:56 pm
Google is a tool of evil. Godly folk use Duck Duck Go.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:04 pm
I’ll have to Google that. I thought it (Duck) was a toilet cleaner!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:04 pm
Been using DDG for ages and always suggest people do the same
fuck being tracked
https://www.wired.com/story/google-tracks-you-privacy/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic