Receiving Money from China in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Receiving Money from China in Cambodia?

Post by MrBen87 »

Hi everyone , I would like to ask any advice or suggestion on the simplest and easiest way how to recieve money from mainland China . Ideally a method that can be lnked to a website and withdrawn to a KH bank .

I understand that Alipay is a popular payment service in China but is it possible to set up and recieve money to a Cambodian bank ? I saw that it has been linked with Dara pay but Dara pay looks like a mess.

Any first hand experience or suggestions Greatly appreciated .

TIA
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Money from china

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Western Union Money Transfer services have been available in the China since the early 1990's

or Bank of China

OR your grandmothers underpants
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Receiving Money from China in Cambodia?

Post by Kammekor »

MrBen87 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:16 am Hi everyone , I would like to ask any advice or suggestion on the simplest and easiest way how to recieve money from mainland China . Ideally a method that can be lnked to a website and withdrawn to a KH bank .

I understand that Alipay is a popular payment service in China but is it possible to set up and recieve money to a Cambodian bank ? I saw that it has been linked with Dara pay but Dara pay looks like a mess.

Any first hand experience or suggestions Greatly appreciated .

TIA
You wanrt to sell in China but receive the funds in Cambodia?
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Do you have Wechat? That has a digital wallet function connected to your bank account, I don't know how easy it is (or if it's even possible) to connect to a Cambodian bank acct though.

If Chinese people are sending you the money it's pretty easy to do just by going into a bank.

Western Union is really easy to do too, but there's a daily limit to what they can send.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Random Dude wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:21 am If Chinese people are sending you the money it's pretty easy to do just by going into a bank.

Western Union is really easy to do too, but there's a daily limit to what they can send.
For both the costs will be too high for relatively small payments, say retail payments.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

What sort of values do people commonly transfer? Are we talking just hundreds, or thousands?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Yes it's possible as long as your business is registered officially in Cambodia. If you have, send me PM.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:31 pm What sort of values do people commonly transfer? Are we talking just hundreds, or thousands US$?
I should have been clearer…FTFM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic