Weed still not legal in Cambodia ? What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Weed still not legal in Cambodia ? What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

Post by jubo2 »

hello,

Weed still not legal in Cambodia ?

What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

It seems to have never been in the news that Cambodia wanted to legalize it ? I wonder if all these feudal countries around Thailand will finally improve (no hope for Malaysia of course...) or just remain stupid Asian countries ?

Wishing you the best smoking my giant buds 100% legal <3
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Weed still not legal in Cambodia ? What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

Post by hanno »

I do not quite get the point of this post?
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Weed still not legal in Cambodia ? What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

Post by jubo2 »

Wondering if Cambodia has been talking about legalization or never as I guess ?
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

jubo2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:14 pm Wondering if Cambodia has been talking about legalization or never as I guess ?
Probably not now, beer is king
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

orussey98 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:21 pm
jubo2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:14 pm Wondering if Cambodia has been talking about legalization or never as I guess ?
Probably not now, beer is king

so sad for people living full time in Cambodia. But I guess that they are still not persecuted for weed ? When is the last time you heard about someone arrested for weed there ?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Always felt as if weed was legal here, smoke my joint anywhere and have no worries.

Thailand was the opposite.

Good for them that the government wants to cash in and choose this path but to think it's because they give a shit about people smoking weed is not very "smart".
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

jubo2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:56 am hello,

Weed still not legal in Cambodia ?

What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

It seems to have never been in the news that Cambodia wanted to legalize it ? I wonder if all these feudal countries around Thailand will finally improve (no hope for Malaysia of course...) or just remain stupid Asian countries ?

Wishing you the best smoking my giant buds 100% legal <3
You can easily get it and use it. Legal or not.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Lol, Thailand can never be called the "smartest" countrry, although they did pull a good move with the recent release of pot prisoners and ceasing to enforce laws against sale and possession

It's not beyond the pale that, if it's successful over a few years in Thailand, Cambodia would follow suit

Hopefully they do.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:57 pm Lol, Thailand can never be called the "smartest" countrry, although they did pull a good move with the recent release of pot prisoners and ceasing to enforce laws against sale and possession

It's not beyond the pale that, if it's successful over a few years in Thailand, Cambodia would follow suit

Hopefully they do.

Not the smartest country maybe, but in Asia, there is no more competition, only $hithole places around, in Thailand even abortion is legal and soon gay marriage also.

I would feel so stupid to spend time anywhere else in the world <3
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

jubo2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:22 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:57 pm Lol, Thailand can never be called the "smartest" countrry, although they did pull a good move with the recent release of pot prisoners and ceasing to enforce laws against sale and possession

Hopefully they do.

Not the smartest country maybe, but in Asia, there is no more competition, only $hithole places around, in Thailand even abortion is legal and soon gay marriage also.

I would feel so stupid to spend time anywhere else in the world <3
To each their own I suppose, different places suit different people's needs and all that. But hey, if you want to smoke legal weed and get the occasional abortion while you wait for your chance to marry your gay partner good for you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic