Donald Trump's Florida Home Raided by FBI

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Re: Donald Trump's Florida Home Raided by FBI

Post by TWY »

Kenr wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:58 pm I just read the warrant, and it didn’t reference anything related to Russia or any other specific subject except for classified documents and Presidential records he was not entitled to have.
That is the search warrant. What they are arguing about currently is the affidavit which justified the search warrant.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

So what I read this afternoon is that the judge will rule next Thursday as to whether parts of the affidavit will be released to the public. Seems he realizes the severity of the situation.

Couple of things:
1. DOJ argued strongly to keep it secret, and several legal "expert/analysts" that I saw comment were surprised they didn't get their way.
2. Trump's lawyer was present but made no effort to be added to the proceedings, indicating Trump doesn't object to the affidavit being released.

Couple other interesting things I've read today:
1. Trump's lawyer has been quoted as saying she was present on June 3rd and that the DOJ asked Trump's team to basically keep things quiet when they were done collecting documents. That they just wanted to retrieve these documents and that was it.
2. I saw another report indicating that the origin for this investigation goes back to documents relating to Russia Collusion. Whether or not the documents seized relate to that or if they have progressed to other matters is currently unknown.
3. An Informer notified the FBI that Trump had "Secret documents" according to two government sources (both not willing to go on the record).
4. Newsweek is still reporting that the true target of the raid was documents relating to the Russia Investigation. And that they went after the documents as they thought Trump would "weaponize" them in his 2024 campaign. This according to two senior intelligence officials (again neither of whom is named).
5. Now there is reporting that the DOJ realizes they did a massive screwup and handed Trump a lifeline for his flagging political ambitions. Why the DOJ is at all concerned with politics is really astounding and disturbing.

This is a joke at this point. President Biden needs to go to Garland and demand a full public accounting of what the heck is going on. They have read all the documents they seized. What is in the documents? If it is nuclear codes or lists of CIA undercover operatives then throw the book at him. If this is presidential archives bureaucratic BS about Russia Collusion then start demanding resignations.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

TWY wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:32 pm
Kenr wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:58 pm I just read the warrant, and it didn’t reference anything related to Russia or any other specific subject except for classified documents and Presidential records he was not entitled to have.
That is the search warrant. What they are arguing about currently is the affidavit which justified the search warrant.
I said it was the warrant. An affidavit is not a warrant. The affidavit should not be released until charges are brought in order to protect the identity of any possible witnesses.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Now that the affidavit is out, here’s from the news:

“ Some of the classified documents that Trump brought with him from the White House to Mar-a-Lago contained markings for "HCS, FISA, ORCON, NOFORN, and SI," according to the FBI affidavit.
"HCS" indicates that the material is about human sources, or spies, that often work with the CIA. "FISA" relates to court-ordered surveillance collecting foreign intelligence, including wiretaps. "ORCON" means the document is so sensitive that its originator must approve any request to share it. "NOFORN" means the material can't be shared with any foreign entities, even allies, without permission. "SI," short for Special Intelligence, relates to signals intercepts, which are typically handled by the National Security Agency.”

Why does he need information about spies?
If he has handwritten notes on the documents, I guess they weren’t planted.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Apollo91881 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:36 am If he has handwritten notes on the documents, I guess they weren’t planted.
Of course they weren't planted. But just like the "stolen elections" you will never convince the MAGA crowd otherwise.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

[quote

Why does he need information about spies?
If he has handwritten notes on the documents, I guess they weren’t planted.
[/quote]

I think at this point it's pretty obvious he's guilty, he was caught red-handed. What will be interesting to see is if he's only guilty of taking top secret files as some sort of souvenir, which would be a serious crime, or if he took them to sell to the Russians or something, which would be orders of magnitude worse.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

And then it gets worse!!
You can’t make this shit up!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... -says/amp/
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Apollo91881 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:17 pm And then it gets worse!!

You don't need to make it up. The press is doing a good job of it themselves.

"WHAT WE DON'T KNOW
It's unknown if there were any political or financial motives behind Yashchyshyn's reported visits to Mar-a-Lago, though she has a history of being involved with apparent scams."

Let's just run with it anyway, the conspiracy theorists love this stuff.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Aren't we supporting the Ukraine? So that makes it ok, right?
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:36 pm

You don't need to make it up. The press is doing a good job of it themselves.

"WHAT WE DON'T KNOW
It's unknown if there were any political or financial motives behind Yashchyshyn's reported visits to Mar-a-Lago, though she has a history of being involved with apparent scams."

Let's just run with it anyway, the conspiracy theorists love this stuff.
You're not wrong, she 'could' just be another grifter bullshit artist trying to climb the social ladder and cash in somehow but let's face it, when you have an ex-president with a history of security breaches, who is known to love showing off and bragging and is very receptive to anyone who will indulge his vanity and at the same time happens to have information sitting in his office that any spy would cut a testicle off to get their hands on, and THEN you learn about the stereotypical 007 type character appearing on the scene ... well you can't blame anyone for being somewhat alarmed. If that's not a WTF situation I don't know what is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic