Canadian Man (ANDREW EYRE) Poses as Doctor to Sexually Assault Village Children in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Canadian Man (ANDREW EYRE) Poses as Doctor to Sexually Assault Village Children in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Andrew David Eyre arrested in Cambodia over child sex crimes.

Cambodia News, Kandal province: On August 3, a 43-year-old Canadian man (now identified as ANDREW EYRE from Vancouver, BC) was arrested and appeared at Kandal Provincial Court and was charged with a number of offenses, including child rape and child molestation. He was remanded in custody for legal action. A search warrant was also issued for this accommodation, and some exhibits were collected as evidence.
The ECHO22 Joint Task Force from the Child Protection Unit (CPU) is assisting and cooperating with the Federal Police of Canada and the Office of the Federal Police of Canada in Thailand in investigating these crimes.

The complaint was filed with the district police on the morning of August 1, when Andrew Eyre returned to the village. The district police inspectorate responded immediately as the suspect escaped from the police but was found and arrested at around 11am. On the evening of August 1st, the CPU was notified of an alleged rape of an 8-year-old child in Kandal Province. The CPU was informed that a 43-year-old foreign national had been detained by local police for allegations of impersonating a medical professional, and providing health check-ups for children in local villages, at which time he assaulted them. The CPU responded immediately to conduct an initial investigation. Task Force ECHO22 was established with the Ministry of Interior, Kandal Police Command and the CPU ICAC and FST teams to investigate the allegations.

It soon became apparent that there were other child victims living in the same villages and communes. The ECHO22 Joint Task Force, in collaboration with the Kandal Provincial Police Force, is preparing to establish the duration of the suspect's actions based on the descriptions of the child victims, and is continuing to gather additional evidence to substantiate the allegations of sexual assault. Authorities are investigating the whereabouts and activities of the suspect at the time of the allegations.

On the morning of the 2nd of August, CPU Child Protection Officers assisted the Anti-human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection Department of the Kandal Police Command in taking victim statements from 8 children whose ages ranged from 8 to 12yrs old. All child victims have received medical services and will receive ongoing welfare assistance.

Numerous allegations of indecent assault and rape were made. The incidents occurred in July 2022, when the suspect arrived at the village on his motorbike and told the villagers that he was a medical professional and was there to do a health check on children. The suspect was witnessed inappropriately touching the victims, raising concerns among adults. The suspect returned to the village on several occasions under the same pretense, however, was denied entry and the police were notified.

The investigation is ongoing. If anyone receives information related to this crime case, we encourage you to contact the Kandal Provincial Police or the CPU Child Protection Unit directly.

This is what Andy Eyre says about himself on social media: "My name is Andrew Eyre and I am a Chef from Vancouver Canada. I have been a chef for 25 years. I have been in the head/executive chef position for 12 years, most recently in Beijing China. I have extensive experience in the hospitality industry ranging from casual dining, high volume restaurants, bars & gastro pubs, fine dining, resorts, high-end fishing lodges, catering, banquets, weddings, cafes, consulting, and hotels. I have even been the guest chef for the Canadian Embassy in Beijing four times. I have had an exciting and rewarding time working in China since 2012 in cities like Shenzhen, Nanjing, Wuhan, Shanghai and Beijing.

I have a passion for training and developing young chefs to be the best they can be. I am a believer that if you develop your team through great training, anything is possible..."

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Foreign Man Posed as Doctor to Sexually Assault Village Children

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Hopefully this will be dealt with domestically .... Canada is much too lenient when it comes to this type of criminality and the current government has both removed mandatory minimum sentencing and reworded the legalize as to what constitutes pedophilia .... for shame .....
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Don't recall the pixelation of face and name being withheld in arrests of this nature in the past

If the accusations are true he deserves all that's coming his way
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’m shocked that a certain NGO wasn’t the first to be involved. Their bread and butter money is producing foreigner pedophiles for their donors.

And bravo for the CPU. I have to agree with a previous poster. They seem to be doing their job of protecting children. Khmer or foreigner.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Canadian Man (ANDREW EYRE) Poses as Doctor to Sexually Assault Village Children in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The Canadian man who was arrested in Cambodia on August 5, 2022 for child sex charges has been identified as Andrew Eyre (full name Andrew David Eyre) from Vancouver.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Canadian Man (ANDREW EYRE) Poses as Doctor to Sexually Assault Village Children in Cambodia

Post by xandreu »

Quite an eye opener that even if this day and age, anyone can rock up anywhere, tell everyone they’re a medical professional, and willingly be handed as many kids as you can handle with absolutely no checks or balances.

Although the fact he was caught goes some way to show that locals are now suspicious enough of this type of thing to get the authorities involved.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Is he wearing a white chef shirt with a black skirt?

Bottom pic he looks impressed with himself. ("Wait till the lads in the pedo group see this!") :tard:
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

This is just disgusting.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:15 am Is he wearing a white chef shirt with a black skirt?

Bottom pic he looks impressed with himself. ("Wait till the lads in the pedo group see this!") :tard:
Yes, Chef's shirt with apron and trousers.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

It's the role-playing game aspect that disgust me, on top of his vice.
Make believe you're here to help, to cure, to use high skills for the benefit of locals, but no.
Not even feeding the saurians of a bankrupted local, willingly or not.
F**k him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic