Canadian Man (ANDREW EYRE) Poses as Doctor to Sexually Assault Village Children in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Canadian Man (ANDREW EYRE) Poses as Doctor to Sexually Assault Village Children in Cambodia

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

What a bizarre case, surely you don't just reach 43 with no previous and decide out of the blue you're going to do what this guy is alleged to have done. Looking at his LinkedIn he has been in Phnom Penh since Dec 2020 and back home he did volunteer work as a youth teacher, at a Secondary School and a Christian Centre for men and women overcoming substance abuse.

Does someone really become a calculating raping pedo overnight, be interesting if anything comes out the woodwork from his past. If true talk about going off the rails.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Canadian Man (ANDREW EYRE) Poses as Doctor to Sexually Assault Village Children in Cambodia

Post by Random Dude »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:00 pm What a bizarre case, surely you don't just reach 43 with no previous and decide out of the blue you're going to do what this guy is alleged to have done. Looking at his LinkedIn he has been in Phnom Penh since Dec 2020 and back home he did volunteer work as a youth teacher, at a Secondary School and a Christian Centre for men and women overcoming substance abuse.

Does someone really become a calculating raping pedo overnight, be interesting if anything comes out the woodwork from his past. If true talk about going off the rails.
Could be he felt that he was finally in a situation and place where he could indulge his sick fantasies and get away with it.
Teddy1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Teddy1 »

I doubt this was a one off.
What a low life scum. He calculated this and came to Cambodia thinking these poor children would be easy pickings.
May he rot in hell, just dont send him back to Canada!
My entire life can be summed up in one sentence:
"Well that didnt go as planned".
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

It seems he even did these things in front of the villagers, they complained cause they saw him do it.
Is that a sign of a veteran abuser or a complete noob? I have no idea to be honest.

Hopefully they follow up properly, either way he's in the shit now.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

8-12 years old. This guy deserves the worst of any prison holes in the KOW.
work is for people who cant find truffles
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Convicted B.C. sex criminal arrested in Cambodia for allegations of child rape
WARNING: This story contains disturbing details about alleged sex crimes against children.
Aug 12, 2022
Investigators in Canada and Cambodia are looking into the activities of a Vancouver man arrested for a number of sex crimes against Cambodian children.

The Child Protection Unit, an investigative group affiliated with Cambodia's Ministry of Interior and funded by non-profit organization Cambodian Children's Fund, says Andrew David Eyre, 43, was arrested and charged last week with aggravated rape of a child and indecent assault.

The allegations involve eight Cambodian victims age eight to 12, said the unit's director, James McCabe.

RCMP told CBC News that it is also investigating Eyre.
"The RCMP's liaison officer in Thailand and the National Child Exploitation Crime Centre are looking further into Eyre's activities in Canada and abroad," wrote Sgt. Caroline Duval in an email.
"Additionally, the liaison officer is assisting the investigative team in Cambodia."

Eyre, according to a LinkedIn page matching his description, has employment, education and volunteering connections to Burnaby.

Cpl. Alexa Hodgins with Burnaby RCMP told CBC in an email that Mounties there "had previous files with Andrew Eyre in 2018 in which he was convicted of sex-related offences."

The B.C. Prosecution Service would not comment on any past convictions, and followup questions to RCMP received no immediate response.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6550421
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

It looks like to me that bastard have some heart problems. Maybe could have a heart attack coming soon.
Also, since I'm an freelancer psychic, I can see suicidal tendencies, he may probably hang himself.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Sadly I see the Mounties are in PP ‘assisting’ the investigation .... considering how they have become PM Pedo’s lapdog back home I worry they are merely there to facilitate this creeps return to Canada where he’ll get probation only .... Been a long while since I wanted to be wrong but I hope I am in this case. :-(
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

:fool: I was wondering what the RCMP was.
(Lumberjacks on horseback :horse: )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic