Excellent decision against Alex Jones

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Excellent decision against Alex Jones

Post by Chad Sexington »

Big Daikon wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:37 pm
Random Dude wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:35 pm That sounds like a lot of speculation to me. Two things jump to my mind almost immediately.

1. It would be very hard to get grieving parents onboard unless they're ready, and wanting to fight back.

2. 'If' the legal/political system has decided to put a stop to idiots like Jones spreading blatant bullshit and stirring shit that wouldn't be such a bad thing. If they have a genuine allegation, back it up with facts like everyone else has to. If they can't and they're just shit stirring for money or political reasons, fuck them.
Not speculating, but observing.

Jones has been doing his crazy act for years. He didn't get kicked off of Twitter and the like until 2018. Yes, lawsuits can sometimes take years and I understand why parents are upset at Jones' comments, but it takes money and power (attorneys, etc.) to make that stuff happen.

Again, I am not a fan of Alex Jones. In fact, I think he does a great disservice to sincere right-wing activism (gun rights, for example) by bringing up batshit explanations. Also, if we look at the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church, there is a legal precedent set that provocative or offensive statements can still be considered legally protected speech.
I’ve no dog in this fight, and I don’t want to derail the thread, but I always wondered how it is that Westboro Baptist Church could get away with protesting/picketing at the funerals of fallen military personnel, getting right in the faces of bereaved families, telling them they’re glad their loved ones died, and waving their “God hates Fags” etc’ banners.
How or why, have the WBC never been brought to task?
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Post by rabbitoh »

What is so difficult to grasp about the "Powers that be", "The System" & "Status Quo"??

A lefty poster, just tosses the news out there from a lefty news source in which the news channel immediately keys their prefered responses to 'he's alt-right!' and you guys wonder what this has to do with Politics??

Still, not a peep about the actual shooter. You know, the guy who actually killed their kids?

Why is it that out of 20 families, only 2 decide to sue?

Fascinating that this would be amongst the building pile of garbage leading up to American midterms 10 years later (as in Observation, not Conspiracy).
What's the cherry on top?---muzzles & mail in voting?

Any lawyers out there have any insight as to why court proceedings are in Austin and not New Haven, making it easier for The Victims?
If I sue a company, I don't have to travel to their corporate headquarters.

Would anybodies Sock care to demean themselves to answer?
Or just more bleating about ' how is this a left/right thing?' and 'there's a limit to free speech!'

This case is designed to set a Precedent, and it's Not for Libel.
Even Depp isn't making this amount.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rabbitoh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:42 pm WhStill, not a peep about the actual shooter. You know, the guy who actually killed their kids?
Why bring him up, this isn't about what he did, it's about what Jones did, right?
rabbitoh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:42 pm Why is it that out of 20 families, only 2 decide to sue?
This is the fourth case.
rabbitoh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:42 pm Fascinating that this would be amongst the building pile of garbage leading up to American midterms 10 years later (as in Observation, not Conspiracy).
In that case, being Joe Biden I would have preferred this to happen before the main elections, when it wasn't sure he would win yet.
Amazing how the conspiracy thinkers always forget about the uncertainties of the past and take them for granted as planned.
Oh wait, the big steal was a major setup of course

One question, the Democrats could organize another big steal easily, couldn't they? So why this planning then?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

rabbitoh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:42 pm
Still, not a peep about the actual shooter. You know, the guy who actually killed their kids?
Okay - the shooter, Adam Lanza, committed suicide. What do you want anyone to say about him?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:36 pm
rabbitoh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:42 pm
Okay - the shooter, Adam Lanza, committed suicide. What do you want anyone to say about him?
This
Spoiler:
He didn't exist
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Post by rabbitoh »

No one is forcing these 4 families to listen to Jones on his show which was woke cancelled years ago. In a couple months more families will sue "for sadness too mut". BIG SURPRISE.
I'm not going to play this rhetorical "Who Moi??" game with you guys.
Kammekor your loaded speculation is naive.
John, wrong Smarm. (edit: oops Kammekor again)

The point of bringing up the shooter is an example of a Leftists' priorities!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

rabbitoh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:42 pm What is so difficult to grasp about the "Powers that be", "The System" & "Status Quo"??

A lefty poster, just tosses the news out there from a lefty news source in which the news channel immediately keys their prefered responses to 'he's alt-right!' and you guys wonder what this has to do with Politics??

Why is it that out of 20 families, only 2 decide to sue?

Fascinating that this would be amongst the building pile of garbage leading up to American midterms 10 years later (as in Observation, not Conspiracy).
What's the cherry on top?---muzzles & mail in voting?

Any lawyers out there have any insight as to why court proceedings are in Austin and not New Haven, making it easier for The Victims?
If I sue a company, I don't have to travel to their corporate headquarters.

Would anybodies Sock care to demean themselves to answer?
Or just more bleating about ' how is this a left/right thing?' and 'there's a limit to free speech!'

This case is designed to set a Precedent, and it's Not for Libel.
Even Depp isn't making this amount.
Not sure why you’re still complaining about this, you already admitted in an earlier post that you would sue under similar circumstances.

So why keep complaining? Being you feel Alex Jones is the victim here, purchase some of his overpriced fake products to help him out in his time of need, show your support.

And there is no “precedent” being set in this case.
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Post by rabbitoh »

I've got my head in the ceo town stockade, anyone else care to launch a nice safe tomayta?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rabbitoh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:59 pm I've got my head in the ceo town stockade, anyone else care to launch a nice safe tomayta?
I agree.
Bring back the stocks and cat’o’nines…
Your most useful input since signing up, probably.
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Post by rabbitoh »

Yeah but "say no to the death penalty" right, dog? Better a public whippin.
Best concern yourself with that warm glass a piss in front of you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic