Just when I thought the UK couldn’t get any worse.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Re: Just when I thought the UK couldn’t get any worse.

Post by hburns »

Alex wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:03 am For all intents and purposes, the UK is a failing (and soon, failed) state. QEII won't be around forever, and God help them once the child-molester-hugging imbecile will ascend to the throne.
The UK won't exist for much longer. Ireland will gets its freedom and Scotland will become independent. After that I can't see Wales not wanting its independence too.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

The only place worse...is Trudeau's Canada!!
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Guys,
I understand the situation is dire, but as we say on the Frog side of life : "Tant qu'a faire une connerie, autant la faire en musique".
It means : ' As long as you're up to do some stupid shit, you might as well do it with music".
For that matter, you still have the Rolling Stones, Elton John and a list long as a day without rice.
We have to cope through our daily shit to the tune of a Japanese-named analphabetic gangsta-wannabe fat-ass with the voice of a sodomized duck, come on, let's get real here...

Just one single example. I have plenty.
It could (should) be anecdotic, but turns out 850 M views (and earaches).
I'm gonna start a crowfunding for France, she's in baaad shape, foul mouth breath, something's rotten here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:39 pm
SlowJoe wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:22 pm And people wonder why I want to stay in Cambodia...
A kings ransom wouldn’t be enough to get me living back in the UK.
I just went for a few weeks. I had a good time insofar as seeing family and old friends, but.... I left without a single reservation about leaving nearly 5 years ago and only wish I did it earlier.

The thought of going back to live fills me with dread. If Cambodia suddenly became unviable I would just find somewhere new and start all over again rather than going back there.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I believe the UK is a superb country with some top notch institutions, such as the legal system - read the Vardy case judgment and you cannot fail to be impressed by its fairness and thoroughness.
The police have always been a bit of a problem in the UK but that's true everywhere, n'est ce pas? It used to be corruption and racism but now it is political correctness. It is being remedied, don't worry.

Police officers have been told they should no longer investigate legitimate debate or treat trivial online spats as hate incidents, in a move hailed as a victory for free speech.
New guidance issued by the national standards body yesterday emphasised that people contributing to political and social debate must not be “stigmatised simply because someone is offended”.
The College of Policing said that police needed to focus on cutting crime, take a commonsense approach and “not get involved in debates on Twitter”. It said that it expected a reduction in “non-crime hate incidents” after 120,000 people in the past five years were recorded by police even though their behaviour did not meet the criminal threshold.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/caus ... -pjtc7mlsw

The only reason I would not live in the UK is boredom.
But strong institutions keep a place on an even keel. There is an economic storm brewing which will sweep the world and many countries could provide a bit more excitement than anyone would want.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

It's a really neat way for pedos to get access to children - dress like a woman, call yourself a woman and use the women's facilities to molest children.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:54 am I believe the UK is a superb country with some top notch institutions, such as the legal system - read the Vardy case judgment and you cannot fail to be impressed by its fairness and thoroughness.
The police have always been a bit of a problem in the UK but that's true everywhere, n'est ce pas? It used to be corruption and racism but now it is political correctness. It is being remedied, don't worry.

Police officers have been told they should no longer investigate legitimate debate or treat trivial online spats as hate incidents, in a move hailed as a victory for free speech.
New guidance issued by the national standards body yesterday emphasised that people contributing to political and social debate must not be “stigmatised simply because someone is offended”.
The College of Policing said that police needed to focus on cutting crime, take a commonsense approach and “not get involved in debates on Twitter”. It said that it expected a reduction in “non-crime hate incidents” after 120,000 people in the past five years were recorded by police even though their behaviour did not meet the criminal threshold.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/caus ... -pjtc7mlsw

The only reason I would not live in the UK is boredom.
But strong institutions keep a place on an even keel. There is an economic storm brewing which will sweep the world and many countries could provide a bit more excitement than anyone would want.
The Vardy/Rooney case may well have been “fair and thorough”, and why not, when both parties are multi millionaires and well able to cover all the costs (£3 million to date) incurred in such a case.
Try telling that to victims of real crimes, who see those who injure them, or rob them of possessions or loved ones, treated with kid gloves by the “justice system”
The vast majority of cases (not involving millionaires) are more along the lines of ‘how much legal aid can be justified being spent on them” and what is the minimum punishment (if any at all) that can be handed out to criminals.
Any jail term handed down is minimal, and then automatically halved. The huge majority of convictions are “punished” with suspended sentences, which are meaningless when those (the majority) who reoffend are not jailed (as the term suspended sentence would suggest) but instead are given further suspended sentences, rinse and repeat.
Why bother jailing them when they are keeping judges, lawyers, barristers etc’ employed, they are the geese that lay golden eggs.
The UK legal system would appear to be run mainly for the benefit of those employed in it.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

paul2d wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:21 am The only place worse...is Trudeau's Canada!!
Oh god, don't remind me...je suis Canadien.

Doc67 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:55 am The thought of going back to live fills me with dread. If Cambodia suddenly became unviable I would just find somewhere new and start all over again rather than going back there.
Out of curiosity, where else would be somewhere to go?

I've been to Vietnam (short time but quickly realized it wasn't going to work with the visa situation), Thailand seems impossible unless you buy a condo or a Japanese investor, Indonesia seems to be filling up with red tape nonsense (or it might have been that way for a while)...

I'm genuinely curious, because I sure as hell don't want to go "home" (Toronto) for a number of reasons, high up on the list is the freaking growing lunacy I see occurring day by day.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:04 am

Just one single example. I have plenty.
It could (should) be anecdotic, but turns out 850 M views (and earaches).
I'm gonna start a crowfunding for France, she's in baaad shape, foul mouth breath, something's rotten here.
Yeah but she's got nice tits :pardon:
Teddy1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Teddy1 »

SlowJoe wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:05 pm
paul2d wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:21 am The only place worse...is Trudeau's Canada!!
Oh god, don't remind me...je suis Canadien.

Doc67 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:55 am The thought of going back to live fills me with dread. If Cambodia suddenly became unviable I would just find somewhere new and start all over again rather than going back there.
Out of curiosity, where else would be somewhere to go?

I've been to Vietnam (short time but quickly realized it wasn't going to work with the visa situation), Thailand seems impossible unless you buy a condo or a Japanese investor, Indonesia seems to be filling up with red tape nonsense (or it might have been that way for a while)...

I'm genuinely curious, because I sure as hell don't want to go "home" (Toronto) for a number of reasons, high up on the list is the freaking growing lunacy I see occurring day by day.
[/quote

I agree Toronto wouldn't be my ideal place to call home, but Canada's a beautiful diverse country. Politics change all the time. Get involved and promote change.
I live on Vancouver Island and its stunning and fresh and offers an amazing healthy lifestyle.
Im.presently in U.K. enjoying every minute. Pubs, live music and friends. Just depends whats driving yr perspective. Be open and positive and theres beauty wherever u roam.
My entire life can be summed up in one sentence:
"Well that didnt go as planned".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic