[BREAKING] Taiwan is Screwed! PLA Encircled Taiwan. Liberation of Taiwan, August 4th to 7th!

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: [BREAKING] Taiwan is Screwed! PLA Encircled Taiwan. Liberation of Taiwan, August 4th to 7th!

Post by Bongmab69 »

I ll bet Jinping will visit in short time CUBA . . .
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: [BREAKING] Taiwan is Screwed! PLA Encircled Taiwan. Liberation of Taiwan, August 4th to 7th!

Post by Doc67 »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:23 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:41 am How the west had allowed itself to become so dependent of a small island off the Chinese coast that has a long standing sovereignty issues with China just shows how fucking useless all our governments are.
That's the easy part. Our elites wanted to increase their profits. The other 98% of us can fuck off.
That's right, these corporate executives engaged in offshoring the manufacturing to make extra profits in the next accounting period. But once those numbers were in, the share price went up and they paid themselves billions on bonuses and share options, what's their next trick?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:27 pm I ll bet Jinping will visit in short time CUBA . . .
He'll regret it, it's a crumbling dump with the worst food I have ever seen. Nice beaches but they didn't make them and don't need to maintain them.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:38 pm what's their next trick?
Demonizing and pathologizing any resistance to their schemes. They really are quite clever.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:40 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:27 pm I ll bet Jinping will visit in short time CUBA . . .
He'll regret it, it's a crumbling dump with the worst food I have ever seen. Nice beaches but they didn't make them and don't need to maintain them.
I love Cuban food!!!
there are few Great Cuban restaurants in NW DC ( Cuba Libre' was one) and whenever i went to visit family always went
Best Rabbit stew i have ever had anywhere
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:03 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:40 pm
I love Cuban food!!!
there are few Great Cuban restaurants in NW DC ( Cuba Libre' was one) and whenever i went to visit family always went
Best Rabbit stew i have ever had anywhere
I never found any 'Cuban' food. The hotel I was in was so disgusting I went to the only privately owned restaurant in Varadero and ate there every day. I took take away with me for breakfast too.

The hotel was full of Canadians complaining about the place and counting the days until they could leave. There was no early escape, there wasn't even internet the was usable as it was dial up and all modern websites are useless with such a slow speed. Even if you could get online you couldn't buy a ticker and leave early, it was all charter flights. I was trapped for 10 days of hell.

I thought Jamaica was bad until I discovered Cuba :D
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I always thougth the only real cuban food was arroz con frigoles y pollo.
Rice with beans and chicken, and they had some golden-medal-boxers only eating that in the 80s and 90s !!! Probably better then the oo soo yummy US Big macs . ..
notagain
BANNED
Italy

Post by notagain »

Let's not get into the whole "I'm a revolutionary biogenic warrior who finds all the real bargains in little corner shops in undiscovered countries around the world" thing. We all know that most kitchens, big or small, run on Knorr chicken powder in most cases.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:58 pm
If China took Taiwan it would then be in control of that supply line. In the even of them trying to take Taiwan the supply chain would end overnight. What little supply that remained would become subject to a huge bidding war and export bans.
In reality it's a bit more complicated than that. Producing the newest generation of chips is an extremely complicated process. The machines used for 'baking' the high end chips are extremely sensitive and need constant servicing and updating which is done by companies outside of Taiwan.One of them, the largest, for instance is ASML which is a Dutch (nearly)monopolist when it comes to making machines to create the newest generation of chips. Without the cooperation of ASML there's no production in Taiwan.

Then there's the natural materials like high end silicon wafers and neon gas (Ukraine was a big exporter of the latter), which also are imported for production in Taiwan.

The environment these high end chips are made in are so sterile that a war would probably take most of the machines out of production instantly. Even if the machines would be taken over by the Chinese unharmed and all conditions remained stable during the battle, and TSMC (the large Taiwanese company doing the production) wouldn't sabotage their production facilities, sanctions from the US would stop all servicing and updating overnight leaving about 2-3 months production time. After that... Game over.....

Would there be an enormous shortage of chips? Yes, overnight.
Would China control the supply line of chips? Most probably not. And if they did, in an unlikely best case scenario for them, that would only be a temporary victory after which China would be thrown back into the dark age of chip making.

That is, unless China is advanced enough to produce it's own machines, which is considered unlikely.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

china embargoed silica sand today
Australia has lots on Cape York
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic