Korean Woman Victim of Toul Kork Bag Snatching

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Korean Woman Victim of Toul Kork Bag Snatching

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): A Korean woman living in Phnom Penh was the victim of a Cambodian High School student who drove by and snatched her handbag. The victim is a 27-year-old woman, living at at J-avy condo #35, St. 322, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kong 1, Khan Boeung Keng Kong, Phnom Penh.

On August 1, 2022, at 5:30 pm, Pov Isan called Rea, a grade 12 student of Chea Sim Sonthomuk High School, was arrested for robbing the Korean woman at the corner of St. 315 and 566, group 38, village 9, Sangkat Boeung Kok 1, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.

The police seized a Honda 2002 (PNH 1ID-9268) that the suspect drove for the crime. The bag, which contained 1 iPhone 12 Pro Max, and 300USD was returned to the victim. The suspect and the evidence are being held in custody for further proceedings.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Re: Korean Woman Victim of Toul Kork Bag Snatching

Post by rabbitoh »

Terrible feeling when it happens to your girlfriend right in front of you. Happened late at night once at the end of my street, as we stood there intent on each other, out of the quiet a moto with two guys swooped by like a bat. The guy on the back hung so low with a box cutter or something on his fingertip, as if he was surfing, and next thing you know they're 100 ft away.
I still think back on how I should have clotheslined the guy, but was too slow, like a dream..or how I should have hurled a couple a rocks as they left. The shock is literally stunning. We stood and accepted our fate, tacitly. Fortunately the loss was minimal.
I understood what they bet on, they assumed I had recently paid her. Imagine giving a description to..who exactly?
But, when I consider how many times she stole my phone..
Sometimes I even wonder if it was a set-up. "The Great ______! No WAY this could possibly have happened to Her!"
I believe I 'think too mut' as they say, and it really was the food chain in action.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Korean Woman Victim of Toul Kork Bag Snatching

Post by Bongmab69 »

I learned something about it in Venezuela about 15 years ago: about having or carrying a gun, its similar as a girls handbag (yes i know, everybody thinks now . . . ). If they really want to shoot you, they will do it, you always will be to late, with or without gun. With bagsnatcher its the same, if they have an eye on you, you will always be to late . . .
Maybe this should be in US constitution, hahahah !! ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic