Free Angkor Temple Visits

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Free Angkor Temple Visits

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Edit: With effect 9th September
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Why do I have this feeling there has to be a catch?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

armchairlawyer wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:30 pm Why do I have this feeling there has to be a catch?
Because it's so weird? It's not often get any benefits for being around a while.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

But is it a free ticket for one visit per year, or apply once a year for a free ticket for the whole year?
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Apply once a year for an annual pass
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

It's a brilliant idea.
The people whom have businesses inside the part are really suffering.
At least if people start going, they will buy drinks and food and other items (hopefully) from the sellers in the park.
They will share photos on social media which will hopefully encourage other tourists.

I can imagine there is great rejoicing amongst the expats in Siem Reap, they will all be able to cycle out to Angkor Wat in the afternoons to enjoy the sunset out there.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:33 am It's a brilliant idea.
The people whom have businesses inside the part are really suffering.
At least if people start going, they will buy drinks and food and other items (hopefully) from the sellers in the park.
They will share photos on social media which will hopefully encourage other tourists.

I can imagine there is great rejoicing amongst the expats in Siem Reap, they will all be able to cycle out to Angkor Wat in the afternoons to enjoy the sunset out there.
On weekends and the many public holidays, the temples are busy with Khmer tourists. So the sellers are doing OK, but they're not getting customers to pay over the odds!
The tour guides are getting no business.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The wording isn't too clear on that. It could mean you can only visit once a year?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:16 am The wording isn't too clear on that. It could mean you can only visit once a year?
Aha, the catch. I just cannot figure out why on earth they would want to do this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic