Kep tax department is asking people to go register for a land tax card

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Kep tax department is asking people to go register for a land tax card

Post by Jack.R. »

I was asked to go bring the title and fill some forms to register for this land tax card in Kep.
However the Prakash seem not to highlight any penalties for not doing so.
Did anyone received a request to do the same?
Should i bother? They never ask for my other lands, usually only charging something when selling.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Re: Kep tax department is asking people to go register for a land tax card

Post by Jack.R. »

English version
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Jack.R. wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:55 pm Image

English version

That's almost the same as most property owners get even in PP. You would think that the tax office would be able to get information on all properties through the Ministry of land management and send assesment notices to the property owners instead of having to beg the owners to come and register and give the information.

I know in our case where I wanted to pay the property tax , the Tax office wants to see the Hard Title but the Ministry of land management will not give it to us until we show a receipt saying we have paid the property tax. A case of which comes first, the chicken or the egg, so we just give up and no tax is paid.

This problem must be wide spread if you look at all the new boreys and house development where the hard title is not issue or handed over until the property is paid for, including where banks hold the title as collateral.
Mr Know It All
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mr Know It All »

In Kampot as well.....
if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

You would need to have the land hard title to do the tax card...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic