Should We Be Concern with These Numbers on Monkeypox?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Should We Be Concern with These Numbers on Monkeypox?

Post by Alex »

Long story short, eventually we'll all get it and most of us will survive it. Same as with the flu. Same as with Covid.

Next.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Fuck that, I don't want those disgusting lumps all over me.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

If your not a gay white male I wouldnt worry too much about it. In the 80s we were all going to get hiv and aids and die. I tried my best to prove that theory but Im still here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

canucklhead wrote:If your not a gay white male I wouldnt worry too much about it. In the 80s we were all going to get hiv and aids and die. I tried my best to prove that theory but Im still here.
Ummm… that’s exactly what happened with AIDS. Because it was connected to gays, public health measures to contain it were ignored.

Gays are a rich and politically powerful group in the US. Massive amounts of funding were (and still are) spent on research and drug therapy. Massive amounts of education and social awareness spent as well.

Just compare that to the funding on malaria and TB, which affects far more people.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

This could be a problem.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:36 am This could be a problem.
This is the same bunch who blamed farangs for Covid .... I love Thailand as much as anyone but Xenophobia is alive and well there .... They even hate other Asians, it's not just us 'foreigners' .... We are tolerated for the most part, but the welcome mat got taken off the porch long ago.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:15 am
This is the same bunch who blamed farangs for Covid .... I love Thailand as much as anyone but Xenophobia is alive and well there .... They even hate other Asians, it's not just us 'foreigners' .... We are tolerated for the most part, but the welcome mat got taken off the porch long ago.
Technically, he is not wrong. Monkeypox did not originate in Thailand and was brought into the country. Statistically, it is more likely to have been brought in by a non-Thai.

Side note:Some Japanese believe(d) only foreigners have STDs.

Another side note: I may visit Thailand again next year.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:16 am
Technically, he is not wrong. Monkeypox did not originate in Thailand and was brought into the country. Statistically, it is more likely to have been brought in by a non-Thai.

You’re splitting hairs but ‘technically ‘ you’re correct :thumb:

I just returned from a week in Bangkok ... I love visiting Thailand but wouldn’t live there again ..... for a few days I can believe the faux smiles .... stay long enough and it’s easy to see it’s a facade .... the Japanese could very well have taught the Thais all they know about xenophobia :plus1:
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:53 am
Big Daikon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:16 am

You’re splitting hairs but ‘technically ‘ you’re correct :thumb:

I just returned from a week in Bangkok ... I love visiting Thailand but wouldn’t live there again ..... for a few days I can believe the faux smiles .... stay long enough and it’s easy to see it’s a facade .... the Japanese could very well have taught the Thais all they know about xenophobia :plus1:
I love both Thailand and Cambodia for vacations in the middle of Japanese winter.

And, yes, I will try to avoid monkeypox.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I don't use Twitter and my browser blocks almost every link to external sources, mostly to block ads, but it does include links to things like Twitter, Facebook etc...

It's quite frustrating to see a page full of 'Loading tweet' boxes with no reference to what the tweet says or is about when you're halfway through a thread.

Is there no way people can't just copy and paste the Tweet or the text they're referring to instead of posting the link? If people wanted to get their information from Twitter, I'm sure they'd go there instead of here.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic