Should We Be Concern with These Numbers on Monkeypox?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Should We Be Concern with These Numbers on Monkeypox?

Post by Freightdog »

Big Daikon wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:17 pm Or we could nip it in the bud before it spreads.

(I doubt we will, but it is an attractive option.)
It’s a very attractive option, but if it relies on bias in place of objective analysis, it will fail.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

17'xxx cases across 69 countries in 2022 means it's a total nothingburger, not worthy of worrying about by anybody

Hopefully the mass hysteria of covid won't be whipped up again for this nonsense
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

What happens if you have sex with a guy who identifyies as a woman so therefore not a man are you safe :BangHead:
You gotta keep laughing the world's gone mad. As long as the big pharma don't get involved and my travel plans don't get interrupted like the last two years I'll be happy.
No more jabs for me, my older sister and husband just got covid been taking meds prescribed now so they can recover why? They are both double vaccinated and had 2 boosters.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

atst wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:56 pm What happens if you have sex with a guy who identifyies as a woman so therefore not a man are you safe :BangHead:
as long as they don't have monkeypox you would be fine!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:34 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:17 pm Or we could nip it in the bud before it spreads.

(I doubt we will, but it is an attractive option.)
It’s a very attractive option, but if it relies on bias in place of objective analysis, it will fail.
You say bias, I say data.
Let's see where this goes.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Here we go.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

The report describes monkeypox as "very stable" in the environment and says it can live "for days to weeks in water, soil, and on refrigerated food." It adds that the virus can live for months to years inside of scabs.

The report does not say how long the virus can survive on surfaces, but the CDC said investigators found the live virus 15 days after a patient's home was left unoccupied, according to one study.

The CDC also said poxviruses like monkeypox can survive in linens, clothing and surfaces particularly well in dark, cool, dry environments. Porous materials like bedding and clothing may harbor live viruses for longer than nonporous materials like plastic, glass, or metal, the CDC said.

Other closely related orthopoxviruses can survive in a household-like environment for months.

Regarding decontamination, the DHS report said that, as of July 12, no data demonstrates the effectiveness of most common disinfectants against the monkeypox virus but bleach is recommended against emerging viruses. The report also said that testing with the vaccinia virus—a close relative of monkeypox—suggests that the disinfectants Virkon, Dettol and Sanytex are effective.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-long-can-m ... bs-1729618
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nemo wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:20 am The report describes monkeypox as "very stable" in the environment and says it can live "for days to weeks in water, soil, and on refrigerated food." It adds that the virus can live for months to years inside of scabs.

The report does not say how long the virus can survive on surfaces, but the CDC said investigators found the live virus 15 days after a patient's home was left unoccupied, according to one study.

The CDC also said poxviruses like monkeypox can survive in linens, clothing and surfaces particularly well in dark, cool, dry environments. Porous materials like bedding and clothing may harbor live viruses for longer than nonporous materials like plastic, glass, or metal, the CDC said.

Other closely related orthopoxviruses can survive in a household-like environment for months.

Regarding decontamination, the DHS report said that, as of July 12, no data demonstrates the effectiveness of most common disinfectants against the monkeypox virus but bleach is recommended against emerging viruses. The report also said that testing with the vaccinia virus—a close relative of monkeypox—suggests that the disinfectants Virkon, Dettol and Sanytex are effective. [Wait for the panic buying at a store near you ]

https://www.newsweek.com/how-long-can-m ... bs-1729618
Didn't they come out with the same bullshit at the start of Covid? Endless spraying and cleaning of highly polished surfaces which were dangerous (why?) and all the crap about being 1 or 1.5 or 2 metres apart.

I couldn't care less about Monkeypox (to answer the question posed by this thread).
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Thanks for the information.

Not many deaths so far.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Get Pfizer ............
[img][img]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic