Shenghen Tourist Visa for girlfriend

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
GeorgeAdamopoulos
Tourist
Greece

Shenghen Tourist Visa for girlfriend

Post by GeorgeAdamopoulos »

Hi guys..

Anyone tried to get a visa for his/her Cambodian girl/boyfriend for a shenghen country..

Is it difficult? I'm willing to invite her and cover all expenses and ofcourse she is gonna be staying on my own home (owner)...

Any advice before we apply to the embassy?
diesel
Expatriate

Re: Shenghen Tourist Visa for girlfriend

Post by diesel »

Collect all support documents snd dont forget to legalize your signature on te papers that she stay with u and you pay all costs. And collect proof she also have reassons to go back Cambodia. Landtitles, university, a job contract,familybook. Familybook , birthcertificate etc must be translated en legalize bij cambodian goverment.
Schengen insurance
Flight reservation
Invitation letter.

It must be a complete story,with enough evidence
mi1
Expatriate
Belarus

Post by mi1 »

I did it successfully last month. As diesel already said there are many documents that u need to collect for her to prove that she has reason to go back (family book, bank statement, work, land titles, ..). U can consider to hire agency they will consult you and help with translations but it's also possible to do everything yourself.
I also had to attach "Evidence of relationship" to explain in details what is our relationship (how many years know each other, how did we meet, pictures together from trips, etc..).

Even u collect all required documents they might easily reject it without any explanation.
GeorgeAdamopoulos
Tourist
Greece

mi1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:01 pm I did it successfully last month. As diesel already said there are many documents that u need to collect for her to prove that she has reason to go back (family book, bank statement, work, land titles, ..). U can consider to hire agency they will consult you and help with translations but it's also possible to do everything yourself.
I also had to attach "Evidence of relationship" to explain in details what is our relationship (how many years know each other, how did we meet, pictures together from trips, etc..).

Even u collect all required documents they might easily reject it without any explanation.
Sorry for asking but on which embassy you did it?
mi1
Expatriate
Belarus

Post by mi1 »

GeorgeAdamopoulos wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:21 pm Sorry for asking but on which embassy you did it?
I did it at French embassy. The embassy that u should go for is depends on your country.

If your destination is Belgium, Estonia, France, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Norway,Portugal, Slovenia, Spain or Sweden then u should go French Embassy
if Austria, Germany, Finland, Italy, Luxemburg or the Netherlands then u go to German embassy
GeorgeAdamopoulos
Tourist
Greece

Thank you bro! Like you I have to go to the French embassy as I'm from Greece...
mi1
Expatriate
Belarus

Post by mi1 »

Good luck. Shitty embassy. To register for appointment u should find all information on they website (which has no English). Even u have registration time still need to wait in a queue (could be up to 1 hour) under strong sun/rain without any place to seat.

Here's list of documents that we collected:
From her:
1. Family Book
2. Birth Certificate
3. Khmer ID Card
4. Real Estate
5. Work permission
6. Bank statement
7. Flight tickets (just booking is enough.. later on u can cancel it)
8. Hotel booking (initially invitation said that she will stay at my place.. but Embassy told that in that case we need to provide Proof of Accommodation (document from local government that confirm that your house can accommodate, because my country government do not have such document we just changed that she will stay at hotel near my home)
(everything should be translated to English)

From me:
1) Invitation letter
2) Evidence of relationship
3) Bank statement
4) Passport copy

please pm me ur email i can provide u examples of invitation letter / evidence of relationship documents.. hope i still have them.
diesel
Expatriate

Post by diesel »

Today i visit vfs in pp with my brother in law and mother. We had allllll papers, also application form , from vfs website. But they didnt accept it because i use the tekephone to fill in the form and print it. U can only use a computer to succesfully complete the form. So we can drive again 3.5 hours one way next week.

Unbelievable,
5 years ago directly with the german embassy we had totally no problems.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I tried couple of years ago also with french embassy, (i am belgian), and was denied twice for no real clear reason. One of the things they asekd is: she should have about 100€ a day she stays in here account, wich means for 90 days stay, 9000 euro !! ?? When i asked how many Khmer they now who have that on their account, they were not happy amused, but my girl did have it (what i didnt now before), she sold property for that. But still was denied. I gave up, no more Khmer girl on an airplane, i will fly (or drive) myself overthere more . . .
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:42 pm I tried couple of years ago also with french embassy, (i am belgian), and was denied twice for no real clear reason. One of the things they asekd is: she should have about 100€ a day she stays in here account, wich means for 90 days stay, 9000 euro !! ?? When i asked how many Khmer they now who have that on their account, they were not happy amused, but my girl did have it (what i didnt now before), she sold property for that. But still was denied. I gave up, no more Khmer girl on an airplane, i will fly (or drive) myself overthere more . . .
~100 euro per day would mean that she was planning to stay in hotel? If she said she would stay with you then it should be only ~50 euro / day. Usually hotel stays require double the amount of cheaper accommodation. Did she have any other property to show that she own? The problem probably was that she sold her only property in Cambodia. That is usually red flag for embassy. It looks like she would not return.
Last edited by rogerrabbit on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic